Chapter 192: Be With You (EP. 01)

"Halt!"

The security posts Heine stationed just before the entrance of the Trond District are only proper, and approved by default by the monarchs themselves.

The golden sun have just begun to peak its glorious rays with the time only being mere dawn, and the swirling clouds above looked like they're ready to brew up an early winter storm. Thankfully Kai is a fast driver.

They arrived in less than three hours, much to Elsa and Aiden's relief. The last time Aiden travelled here it took nearly half a day. Don't get him wrong, Noir is one lovely steed, but the conjoined effort of multiple more horses are honestly preferable.

Kai hopped off from the coach's seat and fed his faithful Rembrandt well deserved sugar cubes and marched calmly to the Garrison scout all the while holding a tin metal badge bearing the crest of the Arendellian Royal Family—which is the silhouette of a queen whose hairstyle is fixed in Arendelle's traditional chignon.

It signified authority and fairness, the latter something Elsa wanted to show to her people the moment the supreme crown was placed on her head.

"Master Kai of the Royal Household," The head butler introduced, "The King and Queen are with me."

The scout warily surveyed the calm castle staff member with teal, sharpening eyes before striding towards the entrance-exit passage of the carriage.

Twisting the knob, the door opened firmly to prove Kai's words steady and true when he found the sleeping forms of the sovereigns of Arendelle, tangled in each other's arms without a care in the world.

"Lower your guard, and open the gates," Ordered the dauntless scout dressed in traditional dark greys as he closed the passage shut without a single creak, "It's their Majesties."

Kai sat back on the coach's seat and flicked the reins with ease, causing each quadruped to neigh and begin to trot forward for the parting wooden barriers rising from the snow covered soil, creating a central gap serving as the entrance.

The following view looked foreign yet at the same time similar. There were no more constructions needed to be completed, and the external features of the houses always consisted similar elements. Every house were required to be painted a dark shade of brown, but it was unnecessary when the wood used already resembled the color.

Kai is more than pleased with the social composition of the villages as he drove through expansive street after street. Though it wasn't really much of a king's duty to officially sketch the layout and arrangement, Aiden insisted on taking the job himself. The outcome of the king of Arendelle's work is near perfection.

Pulling the robust reins forcefully, Kai waited for each noble steed to neigh and cease their trot into a full stop. After doing so, the coach slash head butler slid off from his seat and rummaged through the compartment to retrieve the sleeping couple's belongings.

One baggage or necessity after the other, Kai managed to place them all inside the private manor reserved for Arendellian Royalty's use which Aiden have personally drawn and estimated for future stays.

The manor is composed of one large living room next to a single dining room, three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a commodious garden right on the back. Its aesthetic interior can appeal to the naked eye quickly, with the neat arrangement of every sturdy furniture and grand chandeliers imported from France hanging from high ceilings.

A place definitely fit for a king and queen.

The butler slowly opened the passage for good measure and found the fire king wide eyed for a second, aware of the other conscious presence outside the carriage. Dwelling on his hair for a minute, Aiden gave the butler a grateful smile and carefully lifted his wife's stirring body into his gentle arms.

"Aiden..." The ice queen murmured groggily.

"Shh, sleep some more," Aiden silenced softly, "It's merely six."

Yawning, Elsa surrendered deeper to her husband's warmth and resumed her slumber. Aiden carried his wife further past the threshold and into the convenience of the master bedroom. He placed her head against comfy pillows and left her there to rest, completely in mind to not to for long.

"Here are the keys to the manor, sire," Kai cleared his throat, "I have lit up the hearth and hopefully everything else is in order."

"Thank you, dearest Kai. You are dismissed and needed back at the castle. Please have a safe journey home, that will be all."

"You are welcome, sire."

After paying his safe wishes to the butler, the fire king listened to the fading noises of clopping hooves until they wholly disappeared out of earshot.

The fire king rushed to return to the bedroom where he left his wife, finding her still there, close eyed. He laid down beside the blonde and stroked her hair with a kiss.

"Good morning," Elsa suddenly greets, breathing lazily against his lips

Aiden continued caressing her hair, "Hi. What do you feel? Are you okay? No trip sickness or anything?"

"None, and of course I am, silly," Elsa chuckled, sitting up, "So, we are finally..."

"Free," Aiden grinned.

"Aria and Chandler aren't that bad," Elsa laughed, slapping his chest playfully. Catching her hand from his chest in his, Aiden planted a kiss on her knuckles, "I'm joking. I actually miss them already. I feel like reading them a storybook right now, but... I.."

Elsa gazed at him intently in anticipation, eyes half lidded and lips slightly parted.

A gasp emitted from her mouth when the fire king pulled her closer to his satisfaction and captured her lips in a passion personified kiss she returned with equal fervor.

"A-aiden," Elsa shakily giggled, "What's gotten into you, lover?"

"I missed this more and I just wanted to kiss my lovely wife." He smirked.

"I'm anything but lovely."

"You are my everything and always remember you are lovely, so lovely," Aiden corrected, "Get that into your pretty little head."

"Mmh, will do," Elsa murmured after another kiss she stole by herself, "What should we do now?"

"I'll be fine to do anything as long as I get to do it with you."

"Stop flattering me and think of something," Elsa mocked a frown. "Alright, alright," Aiden tapped his chin, "I think I need an hour to figure something out."

"Oh, for the love of—I'm hungry."

Aiden's lips broke into a grin.

Engulfing her in his massive physique, Aiden nestled her body against his and teased with a childish chirp, "My poor hungry woman, ooh my poor hungry wife who tried so hard to admit she's hungry~"

"Hey," Elsa feigned a scowl, but there was a playful glint in her eye that gave Aiden a hint that she was simply kidding.

"Apologies. What would you like to eat? I'm sure I've seen food stalls somewhere."

"You and I were asleep."

"Oh."

"But anyway, we are not relying on food stalls," Elsa smiled, "We should experience this. I want to know what a non royalty couple deal with everyday, so we're going to the marketplace."

Aiden nods, "Understandable. Let me get my satchel and we'll be off."

To be continued
on the next chapter...