Chapter 5

Kid's P.o.V

I opened my eyes and immediately felt pressure on my chest. I looked down and saw Hisui sleeping on me, my arms wrapped around her.

*Flashback*

"Here." I said, going to take off my jacket., to give it to Hisui.

"No, Kid, you may be a shinigami but you still need a jacket in the arctic." She said and I stopped for a moment to think.

"Fine, if you won't take my coat, at least let me do this." I stated, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her closer to me

"K-kid?" She asked, a prominent blush on her face, but she didn't stop me.

"Shh." I hushed her, "We may be in here awhile."

A little while of silence passed before her breathing slowed and I could tell she had fallen asleep. I gently laid down with her on top of me and fell asleep as well.

*End of Flashback*

I didn't bother to move, even though I knew I was blushing slightly. I felt movement on my chest and looked down to see Hisui rubbing her eyes. She turned her head toward me and looked at me with her grey eyes. She blinked a few times before apologizing and quickly scrambling off of my ribs. I chuckled, sat up, and awkwardly rubbed the back off my neck.

"So, I have a question." I said, finally looking up from the floor, which seemed especially interesting at the moment.

"Yeah, what is it?" Hisui queried.

"What do you look like when you fully transform into a weapon?"

"Honestly, I don't know, I never have."

"Do you want to try?"

Hisui nodded and closed her eyes to concentrate. A red light emerged from either side of her body and consumed her entirely. I light condensed itself before breaking apart into to separate pieces. The crimson glow took shape as duel blades, as the light faded a pair of daggers sat on the ground. The blades were sharp and silver, while the hilts were golden with symmetrical dragon faces carved into each. Half of Hisui's face appeared on each blade.

"Did I do it? What do I look like? I feels so much warmer." She asked excitedly.

"You're even symmetrical in weapon form." I said from my symmetry trance.

Maka's P.o.V

Everyone had come back to the igloo, except Kid and Hisui.

"Do you think they're okay?" Tsubaki asked, looking worried.

"This is Kid we're talking about." Liz spoke up, "I'm sure they're fine."

"Still, it's almost dark, Kid of all people would be back by now, he's always on time." I said.

"Hmm. You're right." Soul said.

"DO NOT WORRY PUNY HUMANS! THE GREAT BLACKSTAR WILL FIND THEM!"

Patty giggled a bit before running off the way Hisui and Kid had gone that morning.

*Time Skip*

 "Oh no!" Tsubaki exclaimed, "It looks like there was an avalanche."

"What if they're in there?" I asked.

"Either way, we should check it out." Soul said, walking over to the large pile of snow and ice. The rest of us joined him and we all started digging through the powder. Not long after we started we hit a thick layer of ice.

"Soul." I said, looking over at him. He nodded and grabbed my hand. In a flash I held a scythe in my hands. A few slashes at the ice and a large opening was found. There in the middle sat, none other than Death the Kid, looking at something on the ground. 

Hisui's P.o.V

Light filled my vision and I quickly transformed back to normal. I looked over at where the light was coming from. A hole had been placed in the ice and there stood Maka, Soul, Tsubaki, BlackStar, Liz and Patty, all looking at Kid and me.

"Kid! Hisui!' Patty broke the silence and ran over to us hugging both of us tightly. 

"Patty, too tight." Kid said through Patty's suffocating embrace. Patty removed her arms and ran back to everyone else. Kid stood up and reached down his hand to help me up. I took it and stood up nest to him. He released my hand and we walked out of our prison.

"We should go back to the igloo." Soul said awkwardly.

Everyone nodded and Kid and I followed the others back to the igloo.

 "So... Did you guys get any blanket material?" Maka asked, breaking the awkward silence. 

"Does it look like we did?" I asked, "Besides we were only walking for about half an hour before that avalanche happened."

"You were in there for that long!?" Soul exclaimed, worry evident in his voice.

"What did guys do to pass time?" Tsubaki inquired politely.

 "Well," Kid spoke up before me, "We talked for a bit and then I think we fell asleep."

We walked the rest of the way back in silence. When we stepped inside the igloo I noticed various animal skins and furs strewn all over the ground. There were defiantly enough for each of us to have at least two blankets. As I thought about it the idea of sleeping under dead animals repulsed me, but it was more appealing than freezing to death. We awoke the next day on the final 12 hours of our little "field trip". Professor Stein had told us to head back during the night, and I thought he couldn't get any more cruel, so we had the whole day to just sit in the igloo and hang out. The third and final day went by by peacefully and uneventfully, all eight of us sitting together huddled in our "blankets", laughing and joking around. Kid tried a few tricks to get me to take of my gloves and Liz teased him, accusing him of flirting with me. Mental note; thank Liz for making Kid shut up about my gloves, even if she did do it on accident.  After a while I noticed the sky getting darker through the igloo door. Without saying a word, I stood up, walking out to check the time. The sun was just above the horizon, trying hard not to fall asleep whilst the moon was rising, smiling evilly. I strolled back into the igloo to find everybody looking at me.

"It's time to head back." I said, emotionless. Soul, Kid, and Maka nodded quietly, standing up. BlackStar went on to yell something about how awesome he was for surviving and how he'd surpass god. Liz stood up, doing absolutely nothing, and Patty got up and immediately began jumping and yelling excitedly. We all packed up our belongings and left our terribly made igloo behind in the arctic.