Chapter 6 - Boundaries

Start from the beginning

Kristen cocked her head to the side as she nodded a certain direction. "You mean the bodyguard that's been sitting over there since I got here?"

Ethan turned his head to the same direction Kristen was looking at. He saw Thomas sitting at the opposite end of the room, and his murderous look was the same as the last couple of days.

"Sweet Jesus this guy is so infuriating!" Ethan rolled his eyes at Thomas as he then turned his back to the bodyguard. "He's following me everywhere I go!"

"That's literally his job..." Kristen sipped her orange juice as she reasoned Thomas' behaviour. "Maybe he's been scaring the trouble away without you realising it."

"Bruce Banner over there looks all intimidating because he has cold eyes, and he's bursting out of his suit." Ethan snorted, "Tommy boy probably just annoyed them all away too."

Kristen hit her brother again for being overly mean. "Maybe we should invite him over? You have to get along with him eventually."

Ethan was shaking his head no because he didn't want to spend more time with someone he didn't like. "No way."

Kristen casted a glance at Thomas who was sitting all alone, and then she turned back to her brother with soft eyes. "But he doesn't know anybody from around here. You might like him if you're weren't being such a jerk to him all the time."

Ethan glared at her sister as she began to rise from her seat. "Don't you do it..."

~~~~~~~~~~

Kristen deliberately bumped into Ethan's shoulder as she walked to the lonely bodyguard. Thomas put his phone down when he sensed another presence near him, and he smiled back at Kristen when she sat in front of him.

"Hi?" Thomas said with confusion.

"I'm not sure if we've been formally introduced, but I'm Ethan's sister." Kristen held her hand out to Thomas, and she was happy when Thomas immediately shook it. "I'm Kristen."

Thomas nodded his head as he already knew who she was to Ethan. "I'm sure your delightful brother has said a lot about me."

Kristen nervously laughed as she purposely ignored what Thomas just said. "My brother wanted to invite you to join us for breakfast."

"I thought you only had 1 sibling?"

"I do." Kristen confirmed, "What's that got to do with breakfast?"

"Because your brother just left."

Kristen was embarrassed when she just about caught Ethan leaving through the door. Her brother didn't even bother to say goodbye as he ditched them both, and Kristen was even more annoyed with Ethan's rude behaviour.

Kristen turned back to Thomas with an apologetic look, and a sincere apology. "My brother can be an ass sometimes."

"Sometimes?" Thomas snorted.

Even though he made Kristen laugh, Thomas quickly realised his lack of professionalism for insulting the person he's meant to be protecting. "I didn't mean it like that."

Thomas was quick to try and think of something nice to say about Ethan. "He's just very... colourful."

Thomas hoped that worked, because he had nothing nice to say about Ethan. He just needed to divert Kristen's attention after he had insulted his client's son - in front of the client's other child.