"Which one, there's thirteen." she chuckled, pulling into the gas station. As she parked, she turned off the car, making her little brother groan in discomfort.

"Go get something to for breakfast inside, make sure you get my-"

"Cold brewed mocha with a third of the cup filled with ice and a bagel with blueberry cream cheese spread, I know." he recited the order she had engraved into his mind, taking the cash from her hands.

She pressed the buttons on the machine, inserting the gas pump into her vehicle.

Leaning onto her car, she unlocked her phone hoping to see any messages.

A disappointed sigh left her lips as she clicked onto the conversation, beginning to type.

seongbin <3

Today, 12:46 a.m.

hey i woke up from a nightmare :(
Seen 7:01 a.m.

Today, 7:10 a.m.

good morninggg it's my first day
have a great day at school bby

"I can't believe he left me on read this morning." she muttered under her breath.

After the machine indicated that her tank was full, she grabbed her wallet out of her backpack, fumbling with the zipper. The card from one of the compartments fell out into the lane on the other side of the machine, making her eyes widen.

"Shit!" she hissed, running over to get it.

As she reached down to grab it, the sight of gleaming headlights stopped in front of her, making her flinch at the anticipated impact.

"Watch where you're going!" an annoyed voice yelled from the window, honking the horn to startle her.

Once again, she flinched, standing up to walk to her car. "You didn't have to honk the horn." she spat back, stomping over to the other side of the machine.

The boy parked his car, turning off the engine to get gas himself.

"Maybe if you didn't get in my way, we wouldn't have a problem." he spoke back, inserting the pump into his car.

Minseo looked over to his side of the gas pump, locking eyes with his rustic marmalade orbs. "Do you always have an attitude this early in the morning?" she hissed, losing her patience quickly.

The boy pressed his tongue to the side of his cheek, staring down her figure.

"Do you always get on random stranger's nerves?"

He looked up and down at her appearance, intrigued by her more street sense of fashion. His eyes landed on her burnt orange ones, indicating one thing.

"You're a fire shifter? Are you in high school?" he questioned, seeing that they were around the same age, yet he never saw her around.

Feeling nervousness build up in her system, she turned away, opening the door to her car again. "Mind your own business." she mumbled back, shutting it close.

"I wasn't even trying to be mean..." he said to himself, shaking his head at her sudden rudeness.

Minjun came out of the gas station with her requests, hopping back into the front seat.

"They didn't have blueberry cream cheese spread, so I put strawberry." he handed over the brown bag to his sister, making a frustrated look plaster on her face.

"Minjun, I'm allergic to strawberry." she seethed between her teeth, making his mouth fall into an 'o' shape.

"Right..." he scratched the back of his head, opening the can of his energy drink. Minseo sighed deeply as she put the car in drive, accepting that she'd have to starve until lunch.

The boy on the other side of the gas pump caught sight of the boy who just entered her car, making him raise an eyebrow in curiosity. He saw the yellow letters boldly imprinted on his navy blue hoodie, spelling out the name of a school.

JAEGU HIGH BASKETBALL

"Jaegu?" he read to himself, recalling the name of the city outside of Seoul.

"Hyuck, we're gonna be late." Chenle yelled from the passenger's seat. Donghyuck watched as her car exited the parking lot, going into the direction of their high school.

Snapping out of his thoughts, he paid for the full tank, hopping back into the front seat.

"Have you ever seen that girl?" he asked, heading back onto the road.

Chenle tilted his head in confusion. "The one you almost ran over? Never." he shrugged.

"I didn't almost run over her, she got in my way." Hyuck remarked, turning into the school.

"Jaegu isn't in the Republic, right? Isn't that where non shifters live?" he leaned his head on his hand against the window, furrowing his eyes in confusion.

"Hyuck, it doesn't take a genius to know basic geography."

Shooting an annoyed glance towards him, he parked his car next to Jeno and Hyerin's, turning off the engine.

What's a non shifter doing in the Republic?

Wait, no. Her eyes were orange- why was a fire shifter going to school in Jaegu?

two — gas stations

first interaction already :olol short & pretty boring chapter

lol short & pretty boring chapter

my books rlly b like: enemies to lovers ❤️