{Kakashi} Opposites Attract {Hatake} ~Chapter 27~

Kakashi’s POV:

Ai walked to the restroom, changed into black jeans, a black turtleneck, a black sash belt, and her black boots, then walked back out. I looked up from my book at her as she pulled on her knee-length jacket, tied her hair in a ponytail, and tied on her black headband. I smiled.

“What?”

“You’re nickname fits you now.”

She tilted her head. “I have a nickname?” she asked, pulling on her gloves like mine.

I nodded. “Konoha’s Black Fang.” She blinked a few times. “Is…that ok?”

“Huh? Yeah, it’s fine! I just wasn’t expecting to get a nickname belonging to a village I tried to bring down…”

I smiled. “Well, you also gave your life for this village, even though it would’ve been easier to just go back to your family.”

She looked down slightly. “Thank you, Kakashi…”

I looked at Kai and Sora. “Ok, why don’t you two go tell Lady Tsunade you need a D-ranked mission. Only a D-ranked mission.”

They nodded and hugged Ai, then ran out of the house with their ninja gear. She watched them for a minute, then picked up her pack of weapons I had given her, and her other pouches; medical pouch, clay pouch, and scroll pouch. Then she strapped her sword on and her eye scope/range finder.

“Why get rid of the kids?” she asked.

I stood and walked over to her. She tilted her head slightly, confused. “Why training grounds three?”

“Well for one, I’ve got some good memories there. Two, I know the terrain like the back of my hand.” She looked at the back of her hand. “Hey, that’s new.”

The way she said it was so serious that I couldn’t help but start laughing. She smiled slightly, and I noticed from the corner of my eye that we were at the training grounds in front of the posts. I shook my head and started walking to the K.I.A. stone. Ai leaned against one of the posts with her arms crossed and her head down.

“Don’t be late, or you’ll be replaced. I mean it,” she warned.

I looked at her. “Why don’t you just come with me?” She shook her head. “Ok, ok. I won’t be late.”

She nodded, and I looked at the stone for a long time. When I heard people talking, I walked back over.

“You are so lucky you came back. You were three point five seconds from being late,” Ai said.

“Yeah, yeah…”

She flipped and landed on top of the middle post. “Now listen up! I called the eleven of you here today to get a demonstration of your abilities. Lady Tsunade has asked me to start an elite team under my command, to call in as a last resort. So, line up and we-”

“No way! Konoha’s Black Fang! I thought she was dead!” Gai said.

Ai clenched her fists. “She was! Didn’t you see how down Kakashi was?” Ai’s jaw clenched.

“Yeah, one day every month, he’d stay in the house, right?”

I thought I felt a small amount of chakra, but didn’t know if she was mad at the jounin or herself.

“Alright, that’s enough!” Ai snapped. “Shut up and pay attention! You guys line up and demonstrate your abilities. This team will get a constant salary of just over what the ANBU make.”