{Kakashi} Opposites Attract {Hatake}

{Kakashi} Opposites Attract {Hatake} ~Chapter 1~

Ai’s POV:

I sat under the same tree as I always had at the training grounds, listening to the same team training as I had for years. Listening, but not seeing. I could only see if I had my tiger eyes activated. Otherwise, I was as blind as an earthworm. I silently sketched in my notebook, hoping what I was drawing was close to what I could hear. I didn’t want to use my tiger eyes unless I absolutely had to; no one other than my er…family knew I could transform into a tiger, and I wanted it to stay that way. Just like I wanted to keep the fact that I was blind a secret from the village.

Some other things no one knew about other than myself and my family: my mother was an Uchiha, and I had full use of the Sharingan, Mangekyo included; I had killed my best friend when I was only five. I could see if I had my Sharingan activated as well, but didn’t use it for the same reason as the tiger eyes. Also, my transformation could be forced with a certain music…which I had on my iPod. Why, I have no idea, but it was on there. It was a chanting, and I was addicted to it, but I couldn’t play it unless I wanted my secret out. We couldn’t quite figure out why the chanting made it work, though.

“Ok, guys, well done. You’re through for today.”

“Bye sensei! See you tomorrow!” a boy yelled.

The other two were silent while they walked home. I smelled the sensei coming, and transported myself directly to the K.I.A. stone, not wanting to have been accused of working for another team…which I kind of was. I worked for the Akatsuki, and was on a four year intelligence gathering mission, with this being my last day. Why did I work for the Akatsuki? One, Deidara was my father, and the entire Akatsuki as a whole had raised me. Two, they let me do whatever I wanted. Three, they all took turns training me and let me hang out whenever I wanted. I stared at the K.I.A. stone, pretending to be sad.

“Who is on the stone for you?” the sensei asked.

I closed my eyes. “No one. I mourn them all. You?”

“The same as you. These were good people.” Neither of us said anything for a long time. “You’ve watched my team train every day for the last year. Why?”

I shrugged. “Art of any kind attracts my father, and I, despite our different outlooks on it.”

“Who’s your father?” he asked.

“Someone you’ve met before,” I replied. “I was there as well, but you wouldn’t be able to remember me if your life depended on it from how I looked then.”

It was true. He had fought against my father before, and I was a tiger in the background, sitting and watching. But that was almost ten years ago.

“Oh, really? Who is he?”

I transported myself away to keep from answering the question. My father was supposed to pick me up at the village gates to take me home to the Akatsuki’s lair, where I was to report in to Leader. Then I could hang out with everyone else. I put my old headband back on and slid my arms through my cloak, then put my hat on. While I waited at the front gates, I re-did my manicure and slid my ring onto my finger, listening to Phantom of the Opera on my iPod. Still no sign of my father, so I started sketching again.

“You’ve gotten a lot better with your drawing, Ai. I’m proud of you, un,” I heard my father say.

I sighed and stood up. “You’re late. Can we just go home?”