My first pick was the black T-shirt which was written 'Bad girls rule'

"Lada is going to love this one, she is rebellious that one and her eighteenth birthday is just around the corner." I said, not being able to take my eyes off the t-shirt. I turned to the shop assistance who was just a girl who was probably around my age.

"Hi, sorry, how much is this?" I asked holding up the t-shirt.

"15 bucks." She sad back, having me gasp, my eyes wide as I looked back at Alex who could not help but laugh at my shock. I could not believe this as I grabbed another on written 'Moscow' and many more which I would give to the ladies. By the time I was done, I could barely carry anything with my hands full.

"Slow down tiger, we still have more shops to go to." He said having me nod, deciding to just pay and leave before I literally bought the whole store. We moved on to the next shop and all I could do was gasp. Most of the shops nearly sold the same thing, I would find more and more treasure as we went deep in the streets. I carried plastics upon plastics filled with toys, t-shirts with different home decor for some of the mothers. It was a gold mine here and you found things you could never find in all those expensive shops.

Time was running from us and I was dead tired and hungry but lucky for us there was a diner just a few blocks away so we found ourselves walking in there. The smell of greesy fries and beacon filled the air as my stomach grumbled, having me giggle. The diner was nearly full which was to be expected as it was lunch time. There were all kinds of people there, from construction workers to teenagers. I liked it, could not stop smiling, feeling like a normal person. Was this how the normal people lived? It was amazing.

A girl came, wearing a red and white uniform, holding a notebook with a pen. She was so pretty, her smile contagious having me return it as I picked up the menu but it was written in Russian so all I could do was look at the pictures. I could see burgers, chips and milkshakes. My heart skipped a beat, my stomach ready to have some delicious food. The girl said something but Alex replied her as she was talking in Russian. I could see her blushing as Alex said something, giggling out loud, not being to help herself as Alex winked at her. I found myself stifling a laugh, facing down, he was such a flirt.

The two continued talking with the girl giving me looks now and again, surely uncomfortable thinking me and Alex were a thing or something. I took out my phone, my thumb on the home button as my heart literally stopped beating. My hands shook as I read the text over and over again.

Rafael: I am so sorry, I love you.

I could not help but blush as I read it over and over again.

Lethu: I love you too.

I looked up to see Alex say something that had the girl pale. Her hands shook as his face changed from flirty to scary. I rolled my eyes as I sighed.

"Please don't mind him, he is harmless, barks with no bite. Can I please have two chocolate Oreo milkshakes and two double burgers with fries" I said, the beautiful girl scrambling it all down before turning and dashing away, scared to hell.

"Bark with no bite? I could kill you right now and right here." Alex said narrowing his eyes at me only for me to sigh and sit back, my eyes took in the people walking up and down the streets. A teen couple passed, carry ice cream corns with the sun beating down on them yet they did not care as they laughed. It was amazing to see such beauty, things which were so authentic with life so simple with no wars and threats.

I turned back to stare at Alex who was staring at me, studying me with his dark eyes, opening his mouth and closing it.

"What would you do if someone came and offered you a baby, asking for you to take the child and raise her as your own?" He asked having me stare at him intently as I leaned on the table just as he did.