eight. when you were sixteen

1991

Pacho knew how his sister felt

Pacho knew how his sister felt. Eviana didn't personally tell him about her current situation, but word did spread fast. He didn't confront her about it until much later, probably four days after she met up with Murphy. He told her he had a doctor coming in with the equipment necessary to confirm the pregnancy. Pacho didn't care if the baby's father would be involved in the baby's life or not. He just cared about his sister.

Eviana loved how Pacho treated her, like an actual person and not some little girl that needed someone to hold her hand. The siblings always got along. If she was being honest, she got along better with Pacho than Alvaro.

Once the doctor came in, Pacho excused himself from the room that all the equipment was in. He told the maid not to let anyone in the room unless it was an emergency or if it was someone Eviana wanted in the room.

She had never felt more nervous. Eviana closed her eyes as she laid back on the bed and raised her shirt up. The doctor warned Eviana that the gel might be cold so she prepared herself for the coldness. The doctor pressed the probe against Eviana's stomach. (I think it's called a probe, but if I'm totally wrong then please tell me lol I'm sleep deprived rn)

She opened her eyes and avoided seeing the small screen, afraid to look at it. "Is everything okay?" She whispered.

"Do you want good news or bad news first?" The doctor asked, looking at the nervous woman.

"Whichever I guess."

"Well.." the doctor sighed. "Bad news is you're going to be physically exhausted. Good news is it'll be worth it." The doctor encouraged her to look at the screen, which now had an image of her unborn baby. "It's too early to tell if you're having a girl or a boy. I'd say it wouldn't matter to me as long as the baby is healthy."

Eviana kept her eyes on the screen. "Do you have kids, doctor?"

"And grandkids. I swear there isn't anything I wouldn't do for them." The doctor said with a proud smile. "Should I call in your brother?"

"Uh, if you don't mind." Eviana sat up after she grabbed a napkin to get the gel off. The doctor excused himself and walked out of the room. While the doctor was out getting Pacho, Eviana thought about Miguel. Maybe he did deserve to see his unborn child, maybe not. She remembered going to Mexico and going to Miguel's hotel, watching the little kids run around the lobby then bumping into Miguel.

The kids would immediately start apologizing, but Miguel would assure them that it was okay. That was probably the moment that Eviana thought she would spend the rest of her life with Miguel and possibly raise a family.

Pacho knocked on the door. He waited for his sister to tell him that he could come in and whe she did, he was met by a smiley Eviana.

"Everything went good? Was the doctor respectful? Because i can beat him up if he disrespected you." Pacho walked towards Eviana's bed. Eviana chuckled and grabbed Pacho's hand. "So everything is good."

"In a way, yes. I'm going to have to start buying baby clothes, a crib, some toys. I'm pregnant, Pacho. I'm really pregnant." She said.

"I'm happy for you, Evi. You deserve to be a mom." Pacho sat on the bed. "I'll make a few calls and have my men bring in the best crib, clothes, toys, diapers. Whatever my niece or nephew needs, I'll give them."

"They're lucky to have you as their uncle. I'm lucky to have you." Eviana squeezed Pacho's hand. "I didn't think I'd live to see you as an uncle."

"Well, that's depressing. I always thought you would be the perfect mom. When you were sixteen, you used to tell me how you were going to have twins, a girl and a boy. You remember?" Pacho laughed.

Eviana nodded, covering her face with her hands, feeling embarrassed that Pacho remembered. "Yeah, you told me that how could I have kids if I didn't even have a boyfriend." She uncovered her face. "And look at me now. I don't have a boyfriend, but I'm having my own baby."

"What's your plan there?"

Eviana stayed silent. Part of her wanted her baby to know their own father. Sure, their father was a drug trafficker and had children of his own already, but she wouldn't forgive herself if she had to lie to them in the future.

"I don't know." She mumbled.

"We'll figure it out together." Pacho hugged his sister.

"Do you think I'll actually be a good mom?" Eviana questioned her brother. When she was around babies at a young age, she would take extra care of them as if she was their mother. She loved babies.

"Good? Evi, you'll be the greatest mother in the world. You're already the greatest sister in the world." Pacho said with a smile. "What makes you think you won't be a good mother?"

Eviana shrugged. "I guess I never really had a mother to begin with, Pacho, our mother was never really a mother to us. We grew up by ourselves. I don't want my child to go through that." She said with a broken voice.

Pacho grabbed her hand and brought it up to his lips, pressing small kisses on the back of her hand. "Your child isn't going through that. I'll be by your side every step of the way. Maybe Alvaro too with his girlfriend, whichever one he picks."

Eviana chuckled at Pacho's joke. "Last time I checked, it was a blonde girl from California or New York. Can't really remember all of them anyway."

"Point is, I'm going to be by your side whether you like it or not. You're my sister. You're going to be a mother, Eviana, and I'm proud of you no matter what. I don't care if the father of your child was in the same business as me. I could care less about that. I care about you and your happiness. I'll always care about you, Evi."

"And I'll always care about you, Pacho."

An: so if you don't read the comments in the last chapter, I BASICALLY confirmed that evi was pregnant lol but holy shit my girl is pregnant aw also I'm in love with uncle pacho already

he do be spoiling his niece or nephew too much AS HE SHOULD

anyways since tactiboolin told me she loves evi and miguel and in another universe they're living with their cute lil family isolated from the cartel life, i might just write a drama free book about evi and miguel and their cute babies living their best life

UPDATE: 10/28/20
more writing was added at the end.

what a plot twist it would be if this book ended with pacho ahahaha dying ahahaha