thirty nine. help!

Gilberto had somehow convinced Eviana to stay the night so they could talk in the morning about whatever she wanted

Gilberto had somehow convinced Eviana to stay the night so they could talk in the morning about whatever she wanted. And she did. Gilberto had also told her he had spoken to Pacho over the phone before she had arrived. By the time she had woken up, Gilberto was still getting ready in his room. Eviana had asked one of the three wives he had if she could use the phone.

She felt like a horrible mom. She had left Mateo for the night without telling anyone. But Mateo was in the hands of people she trusted with her life and knew that they wouldn't let anything happen to him.

"Hello?" Helena picked up the phone.
In the background, Eviana could hear Mateo's voice asking for his mom.

"Helena, it's Evi." Eviana said, "Listen, I'll be home later today. I just had something tu take care of. I'm fine."

Helena let out a sigh of relief. "I'm glad to hear that, Evi, but you should've seen the way Navegante yelled at the sicarios. Almost wanted to blow their heads off with his gun because they left you leave."

"Tell him I'm fine." Eviana sighed. She heard the doorbell ring and wondered who was visiting Gilberto. "Thank you for taking care of my boy. I didn't know I would be away from him."

Helena chuckled. "That's what I'm here for. Mateo misses you a bunch and so do I. Oh, he probably knows I'm talking to you. It's your mom, Mateo!" She heard Helena and Mateo laugh.

Before she could even speak with her son, Eviana heard loud voices coming from the front door. "Police! Back up! Move it!"

Eviana didn't get a chance to hang up the call, she immediately threw the phone on the counter and tried to find out what was happening when a police officer entered the kitchen with a gun pointed straight at her. She held up her hands and slowly walked backwards until she felt the counter hit her back.

"Where's Gilberto?" The police officer asked.

"I don't know, I don't know anything! I swear." She kept a straight face while a gun was between her and the officer.

"Bullshit! I know you know where he is! Now start talking!" The officer waved his gun closer to her face.

"I said I don't know and if I did I wouldn't tell a fucking pig like you where he is now get that out of my face right now." Eviana said, lowering her hands slowly.

The police officer smirked. "Oh, you think you're so tough? Is that what's going on?"

The officer went up to her, almost pressing his whole body against hers. He face was close to hers to the point where Eviana could feel his hot breath. He positioned his gun on her stomach. Still, Eviana didn't say a word. She looked straight at a random painting on the white wall in front of her.

"Hey!" A familiar voice shouted. Colonel Martinez grabbed the officer from his vest and separated him from Eviana. He took one look at the woman and saw that she was tense. "Go help Trujillo with the others, I have it handled."

The officer straightened his vest and left the kitchen. Eviana never would've thought she would be happy to see Colonel Martinez's face.

"I know you want Gilberto, but I can't tell you nothing and I hope you understand why I can't." Eviana said, breaking the silence.

"Think about the life you want for your son. This isn't the life he deserves and you know it." Colonel Martinez replied. "Come on, I have to take you with the others."

He followed Eviana out the kitchen to the living room where a sicario in handcuffs and the three wives were. Eviana sat in an empty chair away from the couch of wives, looking down at her shoes.

"I already told you, Gilberto isn't home!" The wives kept repeating.

"Mrs. Rodriguez, I have here a federal warrant signed and executed by myself, as representative of the Colombian National Police." Colonel Martinez handed the woman a collection of papers. 'The question is, will you cooperate?"

Colonel Martinez kept glancing at a worried Eviana. She kept bouncing her leg up and down. She didn't notice Martinez whisper something to Trujillo, who nodded and walked over to the woman.

"You look tired." Trujillo said to her.

"I haven't slept, that's why." Eviana replied, not looking up at him.

"Colonel Martinez wants me to move you to a different room. Just a moment." Trujillo said. "Come on."

Eviana slowly raised her head to look at the Colonel, who was staring at her. He nodded at her, his way to tell her it was okay to move. She got up from the chair and followed Trujillo to a smaller room with a coffee table and more chairs.

"They're going to think I'll rat out Gilberto." Eviana said. "His wives are fucking crazy."

Trujillo chuckled. "I bet you can kick their asses."

From the corner of her eye, Eviana saw someone she hadn't seen in a while. Javier Peña. He came in with the agents who searched Pallomari's office. She was glad to see Javi. But it only reminded her that Steve wasn't there.

Colonel Martinez walked towards the agents and quietly spoke to them. Seoncds later, the four men were walking towards the room Eviana and Trujillo were in.

"Well shit." Eviana cursed.

Javi took one look at Eviana and wondered what Steve would think seeing her in Gilberto Rodriguez's house. Couldn't be anything good.

"Nice to see you, Javi." Eviana waved at the agent.

"Yeah, yeah, cut the shit, Evi, where is Gilberto?" Javi asked.

Eviana sighed and sat back in the chair. "Do you the type of shit I'll get into if the godfathers find out I ratted? They'll kill me! My son won't have his mom and I don't think you want that."

Javi let out a deep sigh. "Evi, this is a chance to give your son a better life. Helps us catch the godfathers. Please."

"Javi, I can't . . . I don't want my family to get hurt."

"I know. But, please give me something that'll help. Nobody is going to say your name. I won't let anything happen to you. Mostly because Murphy would kill me, but I know you're a good person. Let me help you. I promise no one is going to get hurt, not you or Mateo." Javi said, crouching down and placing a hand on her knee.

Eviana placed a hand over his. "Just promise me that Pacho or my boy don't end up hurt or something worse."

"I promise." Javi squeezed her hand.

Feistl and Van Ness had no idea what was happening. To them, their boss was asking someone connected to the cartel for help.

"You know what caletas are?" Javi nodded. "Gilberto has them around the house. I don't know which one he used, but I bet it's in the first floor. He didn't leave the house so he's still here somewhere. What his wives say is full of shit." She said.

Both Van Ness and Feistl were shocked to see that she was helping, but mentally thanked her for the information.

As Javi got up, Eviana caught his wrist making him look at her again. "Please don't tell anyone I told you. I don't want anything bad go happen."

Javi nodded. "It's going to be okay, Evi, I promise. Thank you."

An: u sure javi??? anywayssss a steve mention but holy shit do i love stepdad steve dw besties actual steve coming next chapter