twenty six. stay

Eviana hadn't heard from Steve about the whereabouts of Tata Escobar and her children

Eviana hadn't heard from Steve about the whereabouts of Tata Escobar and her children. She was nervous. She barely ate or drank water even though she knew it was bad for her. Helena was now taking care of Mateo more often. The older woman was concerned so she took Mateo into her own hands while Eviana tried to get her life back together.

It didn't help that Alavaro was constantly bringing up the fact that Mateo's dad wasn't around. Pacho definitely didn't like how he was behaving so he called Eviana's friend, Corina, and had a sicario drop her off at their house. Corina was officially meeting Mateo so she wanted it to feel special. She brought him gifts like shoes, toys, clothes and a picture of his mom when she was younger she had taken at a beach in Mexico.

Having Corina over definitely made Eviana forget about her brothers comment. The thought of Mateo's dad being absent vanished from her mind the second she saw her friend.

"Rina! You're here, I really missed you." Eviana let out a sigh of relief once she saw Corina walk through the main doors of the house. She wrapped her arms around Corina then let her go.

"Evi, you're a mom! When can I meet the little guy?" Corina kissed Eviana's cheek.

Eviana led Corina into Mateo's playroom where Helena was playing on the rug with Mateo and his toy cars. Corina gasped at the sight of the little boy. In her eyes, Mateo resembled Eviana the most, except for the eyes.

"Evi. . . He's beautiful." Corina walked slowly towards Mateo, smiling at him and Helena. "Hi, Mateo. You can call me Aunt Rina, obviously when you know how to talk." Helena excused herself once she heard the phone ring. Corina grabbed Mateo's hand, the baby boy looking up to his mom wondering who the lady was.

Seconds later, Helena returned with the phone in her hand. "Miss Herrera, someone is asking for you." Helena gave Eviana the phone then excused herself once again to go to the kitchen and prepare lunch.

Eviana wasn't expecting a call, but she imagined it was Steve calling. Her thoughts were proven correct when she heard the man of the hour calling out her name. She stepped into the hallway, leaving Corina with Mateo in the playroom.

"Yes?" She looked over her shoulder making sure no one was around her.

"I imagine it was hard doing what you did." Steve said. "Evi, you can't keep doing this. What if Escobar found out you sold out his wife? He'll kill you and I would never forgive myself if he did."
He couldn't imagine living in a world where he was responsible for her death.

"Steve, that's not going to happen. I promise you that. Pacho wouldn't let Pablo come near Mateo or me." Eviana replied. "I want Pablo gone just as much as you do. I want this to be a safe place for my son. I don't want him to grow up fearing for his life every second. It's not right."

"Then leave with me."

Leaving? It wasn't that easy. Eviana didn't want that, but she also didn't want Mateo to get hurt. Steve was leaving and soon Eviana would be  alone. Pacho was doing more business in other cities, he was told by Gilberto to go meet up with The Lion in Miami for business. Pablo's gang of sicarios was getting smaller each day and The Lion was part of it.

"You know I can't."

Steve had heard this talk multiple times. She couldn't leave her brother behind. He was a criminal, but he was also a brother and an uncle.

"You're not going to be safe running from the police. Once they're done with Escobar, they're going to go after Cali and you know it. You have to do the right thing here, Evi."

"Yes." Eviana was close to tears. She looked up at the walls that had family picture hanging from them, most of them of Mateo with his uncles, Navegante, Helena and of course, his mom. It was killing her not knowing what to do. Leaving with Mateo seemed like the best idea, but she also didn't want Mateo growing up without Pacho. He was her brother, saving her from all the hits and insults their parents sent her way. "But right now, I'm staying. I hope you respect that."

An: when steve leaves everytime i watch narcos my heart gets stomped on

also this is a maría elvira stan account and i stand by that