"Kyle, you've had your orders. I need you to focus on your own job so we can get the information we need." 

"You sound like you've been working as a spy your entire life."

"Maybe I was a spy in my previous life." I said, and Kyle turned to look at me, an amused look glittering across his boyish features. I felt my heart stutter, and I wished he didn't look so damn perfect all the time.

"By the way, did Brook give you any clothes for you to wear?" He said, and I shook my head. I looked down at my outfit, still in my golden-brown dress from the party.

Kyle stood up, "I'll give you something to wear."

He went over to his room, where he shuffled around through his closet, and tossed me a T-shirt and shorts.

"Thanks." I said, going into the bathroom to take a shower. The shampoo was the exact same smell as before, of mint and lemons. I let myself soak up the smell; it might have become my new favorite smell. I related it to Kyle, and it was so familiar and comforting.

After the shower, I slipped into the shorts and T-shirt, just like the last time I had stayed here. It was like it had become a routine.

I slipped out of the bathroom as I tied my wet hair up in a bun. 

"Do you want something to eat?" Kyle asked as I stepped into view. He was sitting by his computer, reading off something on his screen.

"Uh...sure." I said, and I realized for the first time that I was starving. It had been five exhasting hours since I ate at Mr. and Mrs. Rhodes's party. Kyle stood up and picked up pans from his kitchen, and he started tossing things into it. I sat on a kitchen table and let myself stare at him, with his lean yet muscular body, his extremely handsome face, and his blonde hair that looked so soft I had the urge to twist my fingers in there.

I found myself sighing, and Kyle glanced at me, and I straightened, pretending I wasn't just gawking and admiring his handsome figure. I quickly checked if I wasn't drooling.

"Do you always cook for yourself?" I asked.

"Yeah. Well, except for lunch."

I imagined him sitting exactly where I was sitting, eating in silence. "Do you eat alone?"

Kyle placed a plate of pesto pasta in front of me, and he passed me a glass as he set a carton of orange juice in the center of the table.

"Usually." He answered my question, "sometimes Mikey and Brook invite themselves in because they're too lazy to cook for themselves."

I smiled at the thought of Kyle rolling his eyes, and remembered how Brook said she thought of Kyle as an older brother.

We ate in silence for a little while, especially because we were both too hungry to talk much.

"Well, I'll give it to you," I said, "you are really good at cooking."

Kyle laughed. "Thanks."

As we ate, I remembered to ask Kyle something that had been bothering me.

"Hey, during the meeting I thought of something I wanted to ask you."

He looked me in the eyes, waiting for me to continue.

"I remember, back when I just found out you were my bodyguard and everything, you told me someone close to me gave you a tip that the Rhodes were planning to hurt me."

"Yeah?" Kyle said, even though he knew what I was going to say next.

"Who was it?"

He contemplated it for a while, but gave the smallest of shrugs, like he had nothing to hide at this point.