Chapter 3

-Taylor-

"Heyy there Tay-Tay!" greets Jake.

Yep. It's Jake Gyllenhaal. I wonder what he wants now..

"Oh hi Jake!" I greet back, trying to sound as cheerful as possible. I saw him, wearing my scarf that I left at her sister's place but I never got it back.

"So, where are you goin'?" he asks.

I find this really awkward because you don't just ask someone where they're going right after you start a conversation. Anyway.

"Just strolling around." I answered.

"Taylor. I have to tell you this. Look, I'm really sorry for what I did in the past.. will you.. um. Will you forgive me? Please?" He asked, more like pleaded.

"Oh, that. I've forgiven you for a long time already!" I said and faked a smile.

"Oh yes! Does that mean you're giving me another chance?" He asks again.

Another chance? What does that mean?! I shot him a confused/questioning look.

"Uh, what do you mean by 'another chance'?" I asked.

"We could start over again and forget the past!" he said with hope.

Oh my God! I swear. This is the most annoying man I've ever met and dated! I can't believe I fell for him last time. Love is really unpredictable.

I blinked a few times..

Here comes an awkward silence...

"So.. Can w-"

"Look Jake. Y'know what? We are never ever getting back together again. Never, like ever! So stop asking me! It's not gonna work anymore you know! I gave you a second chance but you didn't cherish it. So yeah." I said.

Yep. My single We Are Nver Ever Getting Back Together is obviously about him. He seemed clueless. Oh well.

He said nothing. He just stared at me, looking ashamed.

"Well, see you around!" I said and then left him there.

-Harry-

I got out of my room. It's almost 9:30 at night. Wow. I can't believe I locked myself inside that room for the whole day! I'm so hungry...

I walked down the hall and entered the kitchen. Emma's there, cooking supper.

"Oh Harry! You've finally came out of your room. I'm so worried! Supper?" she offered me some noodles.

"Yeah, sure. I'm starving." I said. Should I tell her now? No. Maybe I'll tell her tomorrow..

"Here ya go!" says Emma handing me a bowl of noodle. It smells good! Hang on, that didn't came from the noodles. It's more like cookies. I looked at the oven. Emma baked cookies too. Chocolate chip, my favourite.

Taylor loves to bake. She used to bake chocolate chip cookies for me. And they're the best cookies I've eaten! I wanna eat some of Taylor's cookies so badly. Mmmm...

Then suddenly, Emma snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"Harry, you there? I thought you said you were starving, why aren't you eating hmm?" she asked. Ugh, why must she interrupt the moment I was imagining Taylor's delicious cookies?

I frowned a little. "Oh right."

We ate our supper in silence. Well, it's not awkward. I prefer eating like this than listening to Emma babbling about her and her friend's shopping date, girls night out and whatsoever things girls do.