Chapter 10

A month later

Natasha's POV:

Last night I decided to not go back to the museum. I was tired, my head hurt and my stomach was killing me. Thinking it was my period I took two Advil before heading to bed and placing the heating pad on my stomach praying for it to be better. I stayed up watching Netflix on my laptop eating the dark chocolate ice cream I've been craving for the whole week, I finally caved in.

I woke up to my stomach hurting even more that morning, rushing to the bathroom I flung the toilet lid up and threw up any food I consumed within the last few hours. I slumped against the bath and laid my head on the cool tile. I eventually fell asleep there curled up in a ball.

*knock knock*

I slowly opened my eyes squinting at the light cascading from the set of light bulbs. "Honey? Are you in here? It's mom and Don." I heard my mother's voice call out from the doorway. I didn't answer but sat up and flushed the toilet and quickly brushed my teeth. I was still fairly dizzy from this morning that I stumbled around for a little bit. A quick look at the clock on the wall and it said 5:45

P.m. Great I've been asleep all day.

I dragged myself to the top of the stair case where my mom and Don were standing. Mom looked at me for a second before gasping, "Honey, your hair is so messy. A-And your skin is so-so pale. Honey are you okay? Are you sick?" I smiled weakly as I made my way down to them, forcing a cheery smile. "No, why wouldn't I be fine mom? I'm alright."

Both followed me into the kitchen where I made bacon, toast and cut up some oranges. "Honey, it's past 5 o'clock. Are you sure you want to make breakfast?" I simply nodded humming to the lullaby Ahkmenrah had sung when we made hot, wild, sweaty love. I mentally scolded myself for blushing about thing those things when my mom and future dad where right there.

After sitting down with my food I munched on my bacon, an unpleasant feeling arose in my stomach again. "So, what are you guys here for?" Mom sat down in front of me as Don excused himself to use the "potty loo" as he calls it. Like really, what does mom see in him besides the fact that he is organised and can keep a job for more than a week. And by the way Nicky says he can't go to sleep most school nights because of a loud banging sound that mom blames the neighbours for on the floor above.

"Well you haven't been returning my calls all day or my text messages at all. I called Mrs. Papouni, the nice old neighbour lady, and she said that she hasn't seen or heard from you all day. Is something wrong? Do I need to take you to the hospital or the emergancy room?" Before I could answer Don came back in looking worried, "Naty-poo did the stomach bug get to you? There seems to be some vomit on the edge of the toilet." My eyes widened at him.

First of all he called me "Naty-poo" and second of all it seems I didn't get all the vomit. "Okay dear I'm taking you to the hospital your sleeping in till 5 and your eating habits are off and you just look plain sick. Don can you go get the car ready?" Don nodded and left to warm the car up. Mom slid her black leather coat back on before telling me to go change into warm clothing. I walked up the stairs grumbling on about how I was fine and going to see my regular doctor would be better than to go all the way to the hospital.

I slipped on some loose jeans and a red long sleeved sweater with my black Vans. I ran my fingers through my hair before throwing on my light brown leather jacket and grabbing my gloves. The car ride was silent, so silent that I almost fell asleep until Don announced loudly "Where here!" I looked up and saw the sign. It read: Infant and Pregnancy Wing

"What the hell? Why are we here?" I exclaimed Mom gave me a pointed look. "Honey I had the same symptoms when is was pregnant with you and Nicky. I will tell you this, I will follow you in any decision you make. If you choose to have an abortion or give the child up for adoption then so be it. Just know that if this was forced upon you please tell me in private, I will not be ashamed of you if you were raped ju-"

"MOM! I am not pregnant. I have not been raped. Please just drive to the check up area. I will be fine and don't you ever think I would give any of my babies up for adoption or kill them. That's all wrong to do." I cut her off, Don then drives for a another few minutes before we came upon the check up building. "Lets get this over with." I grumbled, mom shot me a glare as we walked into the building.

A plump woman sat at the front desk, she looked busy as the phones were ringing off the line. "Yes we have the flu shot and mist." "No sir this is not the pizza parlour try a different number."
"Yes ma'm Dr. Jack is in today. Would you like to set up an appointment for you?" "Sir, this is NOT the pizza parlour. Please try a different number." She sighed pushing her the red rimmed glasses up and off the bridge of her nose.

Her graying hair was curled into a tight perm and her cheeks rosy from the warmth of the room. She was like the perfect looking grandma that I never had. "Hello, how may I help you today?" I smiled at her, "We-well I am here to see Dr. Resigun, is she perhaps in today I forgot to check."

"Yes she is in today. Who is asking?" A lady with shoulder length black hair walked towards us in her doctor uniform. "Hi, I don't know if you remember us Dr. Resigun but I am Ms. Chancy. I was Mrs. Daley but we were divorced a few years ago. You helped deliver my children Natasha and Nicky if the name rings a bell-" She smiled widely, "Of course, you must be Natasha. My my have you grown since you were a newborn! Wouldn't it be funny if I helped deliver your little ones one day?"

I forced a chuckle and smile, "Yeah that would be really cool. That's actually why I am here today. Mom is convinced I am pregnant but I don't think I am. Is there any way for us to get a test done here or something?" She took us up to her office before conducting a urine sample with a simple home pregnancy test. She also took some blood work to see if anything came up different from the urine sample.

Soon it was starting to get closer to finding out the answer, Don had parked the car and was with us in the room-much to my disappointment. The sky was getting darker and I couldn't wait I share the silly story with dad and Ahkmenrah.

Dr. Resigun came in with her bells clicking on the dark hard wood floors. I tore my gaze away from the floral painting on the cream walls to see her smiling face as she sat down in front of the three of us. "Alright I have some good news, it does depend on how you look at it but I see it as good news. Natasha if you want to be given the results with your family that is fine, or just you and me." I looked at mom and nodded, she gave my hand a squeeze and a kiss on the check before leaving.

Don gave my shoulder a squeeze, "Be strong kiddo. We will be outside if you need us." I smiled at his kind words before the door clicked shut behind him. "Okay, we have options if you are not happy with your results. Your young Natasha, your life is going to be filled with adventures. I just hope that this little and what I mean by little I mean little adventure."

With the next three words, my world came crashing down around me.

"Natasha, your pregnant."