Epilouge

Six months later

Natasha's POV:

I know that I sound like a terrible mother, I've kept my child away from his father since the incident because I wanted to protect us.

I was afraid that if I brought Nami to see Ahkmenrah he would try to find a way to get back to us and that would only end in more heartbreak and suffering.

When I had first learned of what happened I had almost shut down completely, I remember I looked at my father like he had grown a second head but then it hit me like a truck.

The tears were uncontrollable and I had completely shut everyone out. I didn't want to speak or see anyone except for two people. My father and Bonami, but even when my dad had explained some things to me I had too shut him out.

When I was released from the hospital I went back to my apartment with Nami and I practically looked like the walking dead. I hadn't taken a shower in a couple of days, my hair was up in a greasy sloppy bun, I haven't changed my clothes which consisted of sweatpants and a cami. Even when Nami had spit up on me I just wiped it off and continued on like nothing happened.

I put all my time and effort into Nami and trying to figure out what happened to Ahkmenrah.

That is until one day I was sitting on the edge of my bed and Nami's pacifier had fallen under. I sat him down in his portable crib that's in the corner of my room before I bent down to pick up his paci. Only when I blindly moved my hand under the bed all I felt was something soft and thin.

Curious, I grabbed the item and pulled it out, it was a piece of folded up paper. A letter.

A sudden feeling of dread filled me, I knew exactly who it was from and the tears already pricked the corners of my eyes.

I took a deep shaky breath before I opened the letter.

My dear Natasha,

I let out a sob when I read those words, it was his hand writing. It was from my Ahk.

My dear Natasha,

I hope that in this letter you can find a way to forgive me, for what I am doing is going to be hard on all of us; but it will be hardest on you. What I did was something on a whim, I didn't expect it to actually work, but since you are reading this letter now that means that it did work.
In our previous lives when I had found you and Bonami laying on the ground I had prayed to Anubis to take my soul and to save yours. And it worked, that is until your father and my brother had then almost killed you again.
I had called for someone to watch Nami as I left and went to the museum to call upon Anubis and Jesus to take my soul, and then to pass it onto you once more.
I did not want to live life if that life did not have you in it. I love you so much and I love our son so so much, I would want him to grow up with you by his side. If you had died, I don't think that I could ever raise properly because every time I looked at him I saw you. I saw your spirit, your warmth and love, your carefree ways and your beautiful, beautiful features. I may be a strong man, but when it comes to you I feel like a young prince all over again.
Before they took you into surgery, I had made you a promise. A promise that I have now kept, I promised you that I would do whatever it takes to make you better. Even though it means that you go through this pain and all these feelings, I'm not sorry.
I'm not sorry because now I know that Bonami is going to be raised by you, and I know that you are going to be the best mom ever. You are his mother, and you deserve to be with him after all that we've been through these past few months.
I need you to move on. Our son deserves a father who will be there for him, who will raise him like he is his own. I can no longer be that man no matter how much I want to be him, I can't. I need you to promise me to move on, within time I need you to find someone special and dear to you.
I love you so much, and I will always love you for it was written in our stars that we should love one another. And we have, we did love each other to my last breath. I will forever love you, and because of that I have to let you go.