Morning Comes

"For the second time in history, you are broken yet again."

Baekhyun wipes away the never-ending stream of tears flowing down his cheeks, looking away from the window and he turns to his servant who stands calmly at his door.

"Sehun, hello," he tries smiling, but it turns out to look more like a grimace than anything.

"Your Highness, aren't you going to eat? You haven't eaten your meal yet."

Baekhyun looks down at his fingers wringing the bottom part of his robes.

"I am not hungry."

Sehun breaks out into a fast walk towards the emperor. He stops in front of him and suddenly takes his hands in his.

"Please, Emperor Baekhyun," the servant pleads, looking up at him with sharp yet glum crystal blue eyes. "You are in your Sun form... the Sun spirit has awakened inside you and you must nourish yourself in order for you to be able to carry it."

"It's okay, Sehun," Baekhyun softly says, patting the young servant's hands. "Let the Sun spirit leech on my life force. In that way, I may find peace in the sweet release of death."

"What?!" Sehun shouts as he grabs the emperor by the shoulders, fear in his eyes. "Your Highness! You can't say that, n-not when you don't have an heir! N-Not when the Sun spirit does not have another host! The whole empire will collapse and the universe will be in great chaos-"

"I am very tired, Sehun," Baekhyun weakly says as he sags in the servant's hold, who scrambles to keep him up on his feet. "I want rest, I want..."

The servant suddenly squints, eyes blinded by a bright light penetrating through the room. He looks down at Baekhyun, who seems startled as well by the sudden rush of light.

"What was that?" Baekhyun wonders. "Has Jongdae and Minseok arrived?"

"They have never left the Solar Palace, Your Highness," Sehun says as his eyes shift towards the window. Gently, he guides Baekhyun to the bed, letting him sit there. Confused, the emperor follows the servant with his eyes as he approaches the open window, looking up to the clouds ahead.

"Oh heavens... Is this a dream?"

"Sehun?" Baekhyun slowly rises from the bed and walks up to the servant who is staring out of the window in awe. "What is happening?"

"Your Highness..." the servant points out of the window. "L-Look... up in the sky... T-The..."

Baekhyun's eyes follow where Sehun is pointing at. He does not comprehend what he is seeing at first, but slowly, upon recognizing the huge disk of space debris up in the sky casting a warm bluish glow across the atmosphere, a realization comes crashing hard upon him.

"It's the Moon..." Baekhyun mutters in astonishment. "Sehun, t-that's the Moon..."

"Sire," Sehun gasps. "The Moon! The Moon is back in the sky! Your Highness, how did this happen- Your Highness?!"

With the surge of energy that shoots through his veins, Baekhyun rushes down the hallway and breaks out into a frantic run towards the gates. His body has grown weak and he couldn't breathe properly, but he is overcome by shock, adrenaline, happiness and wonder so his legs are able to carry him over a distance, his eyes never leaving the view of the Moon up in the sky. He ignores the screams of his constituents for him and continues to run, the cry of the Sun spirit for the Moon pushing him.

The Moon... The Moon is up... Who could have taken the Moon spirit? Could it be...?

Baekhyun stops in his tracks when he finally sees him.

Chanyeol is standing in the middle of a field, eyes closed as his head tilts up to the sky. His hair has now turned silver, glowing with moonlight as they flowed over his shoulders. He wore robes of fashion much similar to his but instead, it is patterned with blue swirls and calming waves. When he opens his eyes, there comes the view of two deep pools of blue. The emperor catches his breath, gazing upon Chanyeol's magnificence. In turn, the man catches his eye and gives him a soft smile.

And suddenly, he falls to the ground.

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun cries out as he rushed to the man. He falls on his knees and starts shaking him by the shoulders.

"Chanyeol! Please wake up!"

"Baekhyun..." Chanyeol murmurs, smiling affectionately up at him. "I did it... I did it... I did it for you..."

"You did, yes you did," Baekhyun nods, pursing his lips as he takes Chanyeol's hand and kisses it. "My beloved Moon, you did it."

"I will stop chasing you now because my role this time is to stay by your side as long as I could," Chanyeol whispers.

"So please... rise for me."

☆彡

Chanyeol's body feels so sore when he woke up that... morning?

Blinking, he adjusts his eyes to the light and looks out of the window. Indeed, it was morning. It is sunlight that floods through his room, and it is the Sun shining up in the sky.

"The Sun!" he cries out, stunned as he runs towards the window. Chanyeol gazes up at the glorious disk of light up in the sky, casting a warm glow in the darkness. In stunned silence, he continues to stare until he realizes his eyes are drying up and he looks away.

He cannot believe it... The Sun is up...

After letting his eyes recover, Chanyeol stares down at himself. He is wearing strange blue robes that he has never seen before and his hair... oh his hair...

"Knock knock?"

Chanyeol flinches as he looks up to the door.

"Chanyeol, are you awake? Can I come in?"

The mortal – or was once mortal – perks up and nods, saying, "Yes of course! Please come in!"

The door opens, and Chanyeol gapes in awe when he sees who it was.

"B-Baekhyun," he stutters, flustered for some reason. The emperor smiles at him fondly, looking healthier than he was the last time he saw him. He is in his Sun form, and he looks absolutely gorgeous with his twinkling golden pits and his glazed pulled-up pinkish cheeks while he wore his usual regal robes.

"Good morning, Chanyeol," Baekhyun greets him sweetly. "How are you feeling?"

"Morning..." Chanyeol murmurs. "It's morning..."

Baekhyun nods happily as he sits on the bed. He brings his face to Chanyeol, staring at him intently with his intense golden eyes before he reaches out and weaves his fingers gently through his silvery silken locks.

"You're so beautiful, Chanyeol..." Baekhyun sighs as he leans in, slanting his lips over his in an enamoring kiss.

Chanyeol feels warmth seep into his body as Baekhyun rests his hands on his chests. In turn, the taller wraps his arms around his body and pulls him in, deepening the kiss.

"Thank you for bringing me back," Baekhyun murmurs against his lips, hands climbing up to caress Chanyeol's cheeks. "You did not give up on me."

"I was fated not to chase the Sun, but to stand with the Sun," Chanyeol says, pressing his forehead against Baekhyun's. "Like this, forever, I will love you and stay by your side.

"Let us light the skies together," the Solar Emperor says with confidence, now that he has his soulmate – his precious Lunar Emperor, the one he needed to give him the reason to shine again.

The End.