Emperor Baekhyun

After several hours, Chanyeol wakes up to the sound of loud urgent knocking on his door. Rubbing his face to ease himself from grogginess, Chanyeol swings his feet to the floor then stands up to walk towards the door.

"Mortal."

The person who greets him at the door is the one who found him first, a guard named Kyungsoo. He still looks kind of angry, but Chanyeol understood that it might just be how his face actually is.

"Hello," Chanyeol greets, bowing respectfully. "What can I do for you?"

"Your food," Kyungsoo simply says, shoving a dome-shaped glass container to his chest. Chanyeol quickly takes it, scared that something that looked so precious yet fragile might fall and break.

"I hope you can eat those," the guard mumbles. "I do not exactly want to bury your corpse when our food proves to be inedible for you."

Chanyeol gives him a small smile, appreciating the light concern despite it being masked by dark humor regarding his death.

"Thank you so much for helping me," he says. "I wish I could give back for inconveniencing you."

Kyungsoo shakes his head.

"You do not have to worry about it, mortal."

"You can call me Chanyeol."

"Alright, mortal."

Chanyeol giggles.

"Anyway," Kyungsoo turns around. "I am off for duty. Jongin says you can roam around, just remember the restrictions that he mentioned to you."

Chanyeol nods. "Will do."

"Goodbye."

After Kyungsoo walks away and disappears down a hallway, Chanyeol glances down at the glass container as he closes the door behind him. With careful hands, he begins to open the container as he walks back to his bed.

"What the..." Chanyeol mumbles when he sees that besides the little glass bottle of liquid, everything inside is nothing but jewels and various crystalline objects with different shapes. He picks one up and lifts it up to the light source within the room.

"Is this really edible for me...?" he mumbles again. Chanyeol could not just really judge by staring at its physical characteristics, right? He would only know if he actually ate it, granted if he could even manage to bite through it since it seems so solid to the touch.

Nevertheless, Chanyeol couldn't just give up like this. With a determined expression across his face, he brings the jeweled food to his mouth.

Crunch.

"Oh my god," Chanyeol says as he chews through the jewel. It is not hard at all, even if the crunching sounds prove otherwise. It is soft, just like usual mortal food, and did not seem to pose any threat to his teeth or his digestive system in general. It even tastes delicious and appealing to his taste buds in a peculiar way that could only be comprehended as exotic and unique to this world. To match it was the glass bottle that contained a liquid that seems to be like water but at the same time, it was purer, tasted cleaner and kind of thicker as well.

Mood uplifted, Chanyeol happily chews through his food as he thought up of an action plan. On the verge of sleeping a couple of hours ago, Chanyeol had wanted to just give up and find a way to come back home. But this time, he isn't just going to go through this for survival. Despite what Jongin had told him, he will still do his best to find the Sun. He could just be out there somewhere, probably just waiting for the right person to convince him to come and grace the mortal world's skies with light that they have been deprived of for thousands of years.