Romance

Baekhyun did not mean to snap at Chanyeol like that. He knows it was too harsh and the mortal is just trying his best, but he could not help it. The story's ending is too much; it brought back so many memories that he had tried his best to forget about and it made intense emotions well up inside him in such a strong magnitude that it rocked his composure and by the time Chanyeol left, he shrunk into himself and cried while in a fetal position in his pillow fort.

The last thing he wants is for Chanyeol to see him breaking down pathetically like this.

"Do not leave me! You promised! You promised me forever! You promised eternity with me!"

"I am sorry, Baekhyun... maybe this just means we are not truly fated to be together. Maybe I just do not deserve you."

"Do not say that, you bastard!"

"I love you, Baekhyun..."

"Do not close your eyes! Do not dare close your eyes!"

"I am sorry Baekhyun... Shine bright for me, please?"

"Damn you!"

"I will meet you... in another life, let us be together."

The emperor feels more tears brimming out of his eyes as sob after sob hits him like a strong wave, driving him into hysterics as he curls up evem more into a fetal position.

That damned fairytale and the fact that Baekhyun sees him in Chanyeol...

☆彡

"Does the emperor still not want to see you?"

Chanyeol huffs, frowning even more as he turns around to face the guard. It has been four of Baekhyun's risings since the last time he saw him and not once did the emperor even go out of his room. Only Sehun and other servants come into his room once in a while to deliver food. He is very worried about Baekhyun's reclusion, but Sehun told him this was nothing new so he should not be so worried.

Chanyeol cannot help it, though.

"I do not even know," he murmurs, looking so dejected as he sighs. "I do not want to be yelled at again. He is scary."

Kyungsoo chuckles as he leans against the rails. "It is interesting to see the emperor actually show some emotions. Before you came, he is nothing more than a mere limp vegetable."

"You are over exaggerating."

"It is true, you know," the guard says. "A lot of things happened to him in the past, and I am afraid no one can tell you about it aside from the emperor himself but do know that ever since your arrival, he has been doing better than the past centuries. We are... we are thankful of your presence."

Chanyeol nods, smiling softly, feeling so empowered by Kyungsoo's sincere little speech.

"I want him to constantly only be happy, Kyungsoo," he says. "Maybe I will just wait for another rising then I will finally approach him."

Kyungsoo reaches out and pats his back, a bit too hard that it pushes the oxygen out of Chanyeol's lungs a bit.

"Goodluck with that. Maybe try and get to sleep with the emperor too."

"Wait what-"

"KYUNGSOO!"

The guard rolls his eyes and looks over his shoulder. Barreling towards their direction is the general, arms crossed and pouting.

"What are you doing being so chummy with the mortal?" Jongin says as he puts an arm over his shoulder.

"Nothing, I am trying to make up his mind about hooking up with the emperor," Kyungsoo deadpans. "And could you get your ugly hands off me? Please, thank you."