34

"Don't you get tired of running?" I question Stefano, raking my fingers through the softness of his hair.

Waking from my short nap. I was being carried up a flight of stairs. Arriving to a secluded motel. I didn't say a word, he was angry enough. My questioning would worsen his mood. The room was on the second floor up.

Placing me onto the bed. His hand removed the hair blocking my view. Leaving it linger on the top of my head. I watched his eyes skim my face carefully.

The room was pitch dark. His head is resting on my stomach. With an arm wrapped around me tightly. "This is my normal. I'm used to it."

His deep accent peaks, he must be exhausted. Groaning again as I drag my fingers down his scalp. "Do you usually have trouble sleeping?"

"Away from the estate, yes." I move my fingers down to rub his cheek.

"You're so calm." I whisper, referring to hours before. "I don't want to frighten you." I bite my lip, smiling.

"So does that mean you're usually much meaner?" His face pulls under my fingers, he was smiling too. "You should be sleeping."

"You're always concerned about me sleeping." I half joke. "How could I not?" He asks in more of a question. "I don't know."

I stopped caressing his cheek after a while thinking he'd fallen asleep, I was wrong. I feel his head tilt up.

"Go to sleep." I find his nose, tapping it.

"If you're worried about those men coming back then.." I trail being cut off from my words.

"I'm not." He answers impatiently.

"Let me finish, Stefano. If you're worried about them. You know your men aren't going to make the same mistake again." Gripping my waist tighter, he replies.

"How are you so sure?" His voice bellows angrily, cuddling his head deeper against me before removing himself.

"I know that it's bothering you and i'm just trying to help!" I shout, seeing the beside lamp switched on.

"Why are you unbothered, hm?" He was now sitting up beside me. His shoulders were tense.

"Theres no reason to freak out." He laughs darkly before standing. This really went from zero to one hundred.

"You're too young to understand."

"You're not going to do this to me again Stefano. I didn't come here for you to take your anger out on me." He doesn't respond.

He paced the room before sitting at the edge of the bed. It almost hurt to see him like this. I just wanted to help him.

I move my side of the covers off. Getting out of the bed. Without tripping, I successfully walk to stand directly in front of him.

I hug his head to my stomach smiling when I feel his arms go around me.

"I fear one thing." I bite my lip at his words.

"What's that?" He was finally opening up to me.

"You being hurt." I pause my fingers in his hair. I swallow before removing his head from my stomach with both hands. "I need you."

I couldn't see his eyes from my body blocking the one light. His voice sounds pained, it sounded weak.

"I'm right here." I whisper, feeling myself melt with his words.

You sent me away.

...

VOTE!!