4

The bell of the shop chimes and i'm met with the view of Harper walking in. She took her precious time getting here. That's for sure.

"Hey." Awkwardly taking a seat directly across from me in the booth. I huff taking the phone in my hand and flipping it around.

Blinking down at the phone, she yanks it from my hold immediately.

"What is this?" She asks shocked.

"I have no idea." I answer truthfully. Grabbing the phone back from her hand.

"It's not a joke?" She questions, face falling at my head shaking no in reply.

"I don't have any friends. No one knows my number." I continue my words before she has a chance to speak.

I didn't have any friends. I never have, i've always kept to myself. And Jason didn't count, because- well, it's Jason.

"I know about your family." Whispering lowly.

"You think.." Before she can assume, I correct her.

"I really don't know what i'm supposed to think. I accidentally witnessed a whole murder. That could be the reason for this." Mouth dropping, she stops me with a hand.

"Murder?" A little too loudly for every person in the shop to hear. Our eyes widen before we lean closer over the table.

"Can someone trace it?" I ask pressuring the topic further. It has to happen. My life is basically at a risk here.

"Someone as in?"

"Some mafia person." She laughs loudly. As I watch her helplessly, she gives me a look.

"Don't stress i'm sure it's just a joke. Give it a day or two. Getting involved with my family isn't something you want. And neither is being my friend." She trails off sadly.

Obviously it was a bad idea but why wait for them to climb through my window and stab my eyes out?

"I understand."

"You accidentally witnessed a murder." I roll my eyes at her.

"Yeah. I did." She sighs, checking the time on her phone. After talking a bit over my feelings and what's happened we stand to leave.

"I'll ask my brother personally." Relief hits me. If only her words were enough for me.

I would just find this brother of her's myself.

Being hands down not only handsome but intimidating. I knew our meeting would be nothing less from awkward. It was a risk I am willing to take.

Slow waking behind her fast moving form. I swerve through the crowds of people trying to catch up with her.

Following down into a station. I'm thankful to see it already here, like clockwork. Slipping in and being unseen. I sit six rows down bringing my hood over my head.

This was considered stalking. For a girl in the mafia. You'd think she would have notice how she was being followed by now.

She wasn't very observant of her surroundings, tripping over a trashed bottle on the ground.

We're in a part of the city i'd never been to.

Walking steadily my phone vibrates in my pocket. Anxious to pull it out. I open the thread of text messages to see a photo of Harper and me sitting at the table earlier.

Pausing in step, I see three dots pop up before another photo is sent through of me looking down at my phone.

Snapping my head up and around. I watch Harper ahead walking into a door. Gulping, I jog to the exact place.