Kanan's sick day

Ezra got me sick.
Go figure.
While the blueberry burrito was now almost fully recovered from his illness, I had now woken up with a pretty bad fever.
I don't want the others to know but I'm just as bad as Ezra is at pretending I'm not sick, if not worse, and right now I don't even feel like I can walk; Then, something occurred to me, I can just ask Ezra to help me fake it.
So, I grabbed my com and after clearing my throat and taking a sip of water, I spoke into the mic, "Spectre-1 to Spectre-6, I need you to come to my room. Now."
I could sense my padawans confusion from miles away, which was probably why there was a moment of awkward silence, but he then responded with, "I'll be right there."
After a while of waiting, Ezra finally entered my room with messy hair and what looked like a burn from a shock on his sleeve, probably a gift from Chopper.
"Is everything alright Master?" He questioned with a concerned look on his face, not used to seeing me still in bed at this hour.

"Can you help me keep a secret from the others?"
"I thought you said we needed to be honest with the crew."
"Please Ezra."
"Okayyyyy I suppose I can help you out, what's the secret Master?" He questioned curiously as he walked over to me.

"I've got a fever-"
"What?!"
"Shh!" I quickly covered my students' mouth while sitting up on my bed, sighing after a few moments of silence, feeling relieved not to see anyone come into my room.
"Look, I know I'm asking for a lot, but I need to help Hera bargain with Vizago today and without me being there he might hit on Hera- I mean- might hit Hera, cause ya know, he's a jerk....hahahahaha," I nervously spoke up as I realized I let my protectiveness over Hera slip out.
"Well, he definitely won't hit on Hera, he's not aggressive like that, also he would have one of his droids do it if he were to try and hurt someone, he's a pretty big coward," Ezra replied, somehow completely oblivious as to what I had meant.
I guess this is what those civilians on Lothal meant when they called him street smart but not book smart.
"I could always help her with Vizago though, that way there's still one Jedi present during the deal," He replied with a shrug.
"Ezra, if it were just you and Hera, then the deal would go down in flames. I have to be there."
"Hey! I'll have you know I am great at making deals! Besides, Vizago needs us for business, nothing could possibly go wrong," He replied with a shrug.

"Look, can you help me or not? If not, I'll just turn you into a blueberry burrito again so that you can't tell the others, better make your decision now," I replied, to which my padawan took a moment to think about it before sighing.
"Okay, I'll help you, but I don't like this."
"You don't have to like it, you just have to stay silent, help me and take it," I responded before holding out my hand.
"Now help me up, I can't even stand on my own right now."
After several failed attempts, he finally helped me to my feet, and we slowly left my cabin.
"Kanan, they're gonna be able to tell something's wrong," Ezra spoke up as he led me towards the common room where everyone was already eating breakfast.
"You just leave the talking to me," I replied as I continued to rely on Ezra for support.

As the door to the common room opened, all eyes were on us once more; Everyone looking confused as to why I had my arm around Ezra and was relying on him to hold me up.
"Uh, love? Is everything okay?" Hera asked in confusion as she looked to both Ezra and me.
"Yeah uh, everything's fine Hera I'm just- well, really tired, haha," I laughed, the raspiness of my voice quickly coming out.
Hera and the others were beginning to look more suspicious, so Ezra chimed in, "He's just having some problems with his body today."
"Like what?" Hera asked and before I knew what was happening Ezra quickly pulled away from me and I fell over.
"He's got a fever," Ezra spoke with an evil smirk as he looked towards me, which I can only assume this meant he was doing this to get payback for when he was sick and I wouldn't let him escape, or could be when I told everyone about his nightmare, regardless it doesn't matter why.
This boy is basically asking for a war.