Chapter 17

Bumblebee was still sitting upright, but his body gave in and he collapsed. “Bumblebee!” Optimus exclaimed and catched the scout in his arms. “Ratchet!”Optimus yelled in his comm. link,” Groundbridge! We’re in need of immediate medical assistance!”

A groundbridge appeared behind them right away. “Ratchet’s on the way,” Jazz’s voice came over the comm. link,” Where are you hurt?”

“It’s not me,” Optimus said panicking,” It’s Bumblebee, he’s badly wounded..” The comm. link stayed silent. “Hang in there Bee,” Optimus said softly, as he stroke Bumblebee’s helm. Bumblebee looked up at Optimus, he slowly extracted his servo.

“Oh, Optimus,” he said, a sad smile on his faceplates. He put his servo against the Prime’s cheek. “If only you kne-,” Bumblebee choked,” knew, how much I love you.”

Optimus’ optics widened in surprise. Bumblebee’s body went limp, his servo falling back to the ground and his optics went offline. “...Bee?”Optimus asked and softly shook him. Bumblebee gave no reaction.

Ratchet appeared, medical kit in his servo, out from the groundbridge. He quickly sat to work, trying his best to stop the leaking energon from Bumblebee’s body.”We have to get him back,” Ratchet said to Optimus.

Optimus nodded and, after Ratchet stopped most of the leaking, stood up with Bee in his arms. They rushed through the groundbridge, immediately making their way to the medbay. “Out of the way!” Ratchet yelled to the curious Autobots who were trying to see what was going on.

Jazz and Ironhide followed them to the doors of the medbay, but they didn’t follow inside. Ratchet instructed the Prime to put Bumblebee on the medical berth and which tools to get for him, while he himself started to scan Bumblebee.

Once everything was set up, Ratchet pushed Optimus out of the medbay. “But-,” before Optimus got to finish his sentence, the door to the medbay slammed shut. He stayed there for a moment, staring at the door.

“C’mon, Prime,” Jazz said, pulling Optimus along,” Let the Ratchet do his job, you won’t help by standing there.” Optimus sighed and nodded. “I guess you all want to know what exactly happened..” Optimus said softly. Jazz nodded,” but first we’ll grab you some energon.”

Optimus let himself be taken to the rec room. He felt confused, depressed, worried and...scared. Optimus Prime was rarely scared, but right this moment, he was. I’m sorry Bumblebee, he thought, I’m so sorry..

One day. It had been one day since Ratchet disappeared into the medbay. One day of Ratchet working on Bumblebee, trying to save Bumblebee. One day since Optimus came back and broke the news.

Mudflap and Skids tried to brighten the mood, but to no avail. Sideswipe kept repeating that ‘Bumblebee will be fine, he’ll pull through’ or ‘Ratchet is a good medic, he’ll patch Bee up!’. They all wanted to believe that, but none were sure if they could.

It had been one day of Ironhide refusing to leave the waiting room by the medbay. Jazz had tried to get the gruff mech to refuel, but Ironhide wouldn’t budge.

It had been one day since Optimus had locked himself in his office. He was blaming himself for what had happened with Bumblebee.

I could’ve seen it coming,  he thought, I should have taken the blow. It was meant for me. I should be the one in the medbay, not my sweet little Bumblebee. Will he ever forgive me?...if I get the change?

His train of self-loathing thoughts came to a screeching halt when Jazz came into the office. “Prime,” Jazz said,” Stop blaming yourself, or Primus knows I’ll do something to you.”

Optimus looked surprised at his saboteur. “I know you, Optimus. I’ve known you for longer than an earth day,” Jazz smiled sadly,” I know you’re blaming yourself for what happened to Bee.”

Optimus sighed, turning his optics to the floor. Jazz walked over and pulled Optimus’ helm up. “You could not have stopped the things that happened from happening,” Jazz said sternly,” whatever you may think.”

Optimus didn’t know what to say. Jazz let go of Optimus’ chin and set himself in the chair. “So,” Jazz said,” How are you gonna confess your feelings to Bee?”

If Optimus would have a cube of energon, he’d spit it out and probably choke on it. “...what?” Jazz laughed,” I can see it, Optimus. You love him.”

Optimus blushed and stuttered. Jazz laughed even harder. “How come I know it before you do?” Jazz asked amused. Optimus stared at the mech and said,” I didn’t realize all those ‘feelings’ were because I’m in love..” Jazz clapped his servos.

“You said it!”

“Said what?”

“You admitted, you are in love with our scout!” Jazz exclaimed. Optimus optics went wide, finally realizing why he felt that ‘feeling’, the jealousy, the need to hug Bee and his confusion. He blinked a couple of times as Jazz left the office. He shook his helm in a daze and whispered:

“I am.”

 There are only two chapters left. This story has 19 chapters, so this is almost the end.