Chapter 7

He finally opened the door. Poking his helm out, he caught a glimpse of a cube filled with energon, and a servo that belonged to Ironhide. “I brought you energon,” Ironhide said softly. Bumblebee opened the door even more. “Thanks,” he said as he accepted the cube from ‘Hide,” I needed that.” He walked back into his quarters, sitting down on his berth. Ironhide followed him,” How are you feeling?” Bumblebee shrugged. Ironhide sat down beside him, patting his upper leg,” You know that’s not an answer.”

Bee sighed as he put away the now-empty energon cube. “I don’t feel good,” said Bumblebee as he laid back down on his berth. Ironhide shifted closer. “You know you can talk to me,” said Ironhide. Bee nodded.

“I think he hates me.”

“Who?” Ironhide asked as he started to massage Bee’s back. “Primus,” Bumblebee said,” because he lets Optimus hate me.” “why would the Prime hate you?” Ironhide asked, kneading Bee’s back struts a bit harder. Bee moaned in appreciation. “Just because,” he said,” all the things he says, I can’t do anything good, it seems.” Ironhide growled in anger and pulled his servo’s back.

“Please, ‘Hide..” Bumblebee said,” Don’t go..” Ironhide hold back his anger and went back to massaging Bee’s back. “It feels good,” Bumblebee said softly. Ironhide kissed the back of Bumblebee´s helm,” I won’t go. I won’t leave you.”

“Thank you,” Bumblebee whispered. Ironhide smiled at him, but his smile turned into a scowl as he thought: I guess I have to take care of the Prime later..

It had taken quite some time for Bumblebee to turn into his own happy self again. Jazz had tried every day to get him out of his quarters, succeeding only after a week. Though he had gain entrance to his quarters, some time before that. He and Ironhide were the only one’s allowed. Optimus had tried, but his answer was always the same: “Go away.” He even apologized through the door, but there was no change.  Bumblebee smiled up at Jazz, who took him to the rec room after playing some lobb-ball. He was grateful that his friend didn’t give up on trying to get him out. He carefully looked into the rec room. He couldn’t afford to run into him now.

“He’s not here,” Jazz said. “What do you mean?” Bumblebee asked innocently. “Optimus,” Jazz smiled,” I know you’re avoiding him.” Bumblebee looked at the floor.“Bumblebee?” a voice sounded from inside the rec room,” Is that you, sweetie?” Bumblebee walked in a little further. Suddenly there were a pair of arms around him. “Are you hurt or anything?” Sideswipe asked, letting go of him. Bee shook his head. Sideswipe let out some air and smiled. Bumblebee’s optics fell on the black weapon-specialist in the back of the room.

“Hide!” Bumblebee said happily and ran at the black mech. “Hey, Bumblebee!” Ironhide  said, smiling brightly,” So good to see Jazz finally got you out.”He stood up to hug Bumblebee. Bumblebee happily accepted the hug. “How are you feeling?” Ironhide asked as he sat themselves down on the couch. “I’m….,” Bumblebee sighed,” better than before.” Ironhide smiled and hugged him again. “Thanks, Hide,” Bumblebee said,” for stopping by every day, that was really sweet of you.” Ironhide kissed Bumblebee’s helm,” Happy to do so.”

Jazz and Sideswipe left the room. They had a shift coming up. “You’re being too sweet for me,” Bumblebee murmured. Ironhide laughed,” I’m not being sweet enough, if you ask me.” Bumblebee hugged Hide.

Neither mech knew that they were being watched closely. Optimus turned the camera, so he had a better angle. He felt anger and jealousy boil up in his tank. Damn, did he hate that feeling. He quietly sat there, looking at Ironhide and Bumblebee, ready to jump between them if they got closer.

He watched the whole evening. He watched how Ironhide and  played a cards game. Bumblebee apparently won, as he jumped up in victory, throwing his servos in the air. Ironhide pretended he was a sore loser, resulting in Bumblebee apologizing and hugging him. Optimus watched as Ironhide told Bee a story, making gestures and all. He watched closely as Bumblebee’s optics drooped, closing slowly. A small content smile on his faceplates. Bumblebee was already leaning to Ironhide.

Hide suddenly seemed to notice that Bumblebee was asleep and smiled warmly at him. Optimus watched as Ironhide picked up Bumblebee and carried him bridal style out of the rec room. He followed them through the halls, he kept switching camera’s. He sighed as Ironhide opened Bumblebee’s quarters. He couldn’t see them anymore, for there was no camera’s in the quarters, for privacy reasons. He didn’t see how Ironhide laid Bumblebee down on his berth. He didn’t see how Ironhide kissed Bee’s cheekplates. He did see how Ironhide left the quarters, wondering what happened inside. He did see how Ironhide had a goofy smile on his faceplates.