Chapter 5

The radar was beeping wildly, making the alarms go wild. Everybody ran as quickly as they could to the observation room, already receiving information through their comm. links. “Deceptipunks!” Ironhide’s, a bit too happy for the situation, voice rang through the hall,” Let’s kick some skid plates!”

Once everybody arrived, Optimus began to tell them his plan. After a bit, when everybody had heard what their part was in the plan, Bumblebee noticed that he didn’t get any instructions. “Uh, sir?” Bumblebee asked. “Yes?” Optimus asked, his battle mask in place. “I didn’t get any instructions, sir,”  Bumblebee said confused.

“You won’t participate in this mission,” Optimus said. The room went silent. Bumblebee not participating in a mission? Now that was strange..

“..What?”

“You are not participating, Bumblebee,” Optimus said sternly,” You are to stay here at base.” Bumblebee blinked. “why? I’m a great asset! I can help!” Optimus shook his helm, he turned  to Jazz to give him more information, indicating that the discussion was over.

“And back to ignoring me, I see,” Bumblebee muttered angry. It pained Optimus to see the scout unhappy, but he wouldn’t let him go. I can’t let him go, Optimus thought, what if something happened to him while being on the battlefield? I could never forgive myself..

“I’m going anyway,” Bumblebee said, folding his arms. A few others gasped, it was not like Bumblebee to ignore an order. Optimus turned around,” What did you say?”

“I’m going.”

I need to go, Bumblebee thought, I need to make sure he keeps safe, I can’t let any harm come to him. “Bumblebee,” Optimus said, irritation slipping through,” You are not going. You stay here. If you dare to tag along, I will personally drag you back to base. You are not to be seen anywhere near the battlefield, that’s an order.”

The room was silent again, staring at Bumblebee who stood before the Prime. Bumblebee could feel the tears well up. He really does hate me, Bumblebee thought, I hoped he didn’t, but he does..

The pain of his thoughts got to him as a tear slipped out over his cheek. He trembled in suppressed anger.  “Hey,” Ratchet said as he walked up to Bumblebee. He’d seen it a time ago, the little changes in Bumblebee’s behaviour. He knew the scout had a crush on Optimus, he told him himself. He laid a servo on Bumblebee’s shoulder plates and said:” You’re not alone, I too am at base.”

Bumblebee shrugged Ratchet’s servo off, but nodded in appreciation. “You know what, Prime?” Bumblebee asked, scarily calm. Optimus quirked his optic ridge. “You’re a big afthole.” With that said, the scout ran out of the observation room and back to his quarters. He could vaguely hear Ironhide’s shout:

“Bumblebee!”