Chapter 2

Just to make sure:

Servo= hand

Digit= finger

Optics= eyes

Helm=head

Processor= mind(/inside of head)

Faceplates= face

[insert word here]plates= [insert word here]

He was staying away from Bumblebee. That’s for sure. He didn’t want to scare his scout again. He was a good leader. But his spark felt heavy when he thought about staying away from his scout. His cute scout. It had been three days since the incident in the medbay. He still felt bad. What had happened to him? Before he could go down the road his thoughts went, there was a knock on his office-door. “Come in,” Optimus said, straightening up. The door opened to reveal the yellow scout. A not so happy looking scout.

Optimus’ feeling told him to stand up, walk up to him, hug him, apologize…kiss him. Optimus gulped and hold himself in place. Getting his ‘stern leader’ façade up. “Bumblebee,” he greeted. His answer was silence. “Sit down,” he said, coughing awkwardly.  Bumblebee stomped to the chair at the opposite side of the desk. He sat none to gently down. “What’s your problem?” Optimus asked.

“You.”

Bumblebee crossed his arms. “Uh, okay,” Optimus said confused,” What’s…uh..bothering you?” “You,” Bumblebee said coldly. Optimus sighed,” Could you be more specific?” “You,” Bumblebee said again,” you, you, you.”

Optimus got really annoyed by his scout. “Bumblebee,” he said sternly,” Stop behaving like a sparkling and just tell me what’s bothering you.” He pinched the part between his optics, which he closed, to restrain him from getting mad at the scout.

They stared at each other in silence. Suddenly Bumblebee slammed his servos on the desk. He sprang up from his seat. “You know what, Optimus?” he spat,” maybe you should stop acting like a sparkling. Why don’t you tell me what is bothering you. And why don’t you tell me why you are avoiding me?”

Bee panted lightly, his faceplates in an angry scowl. “What are you talking about?” Optimus rose from his seat. “You can’t deny it,” Bumblebee said, less hard,” you’re avoiding me. I haven’t heard any apology for scaring the crap out of me in the med bay. What is wrong with you? Why are you acting so fragging strange, for Primus sake?!”

“Bee!” Optimus shouted,” don’t be ridiculous! I’m not acting much more strange than you do. And I’m sorry for not apologizing.. I didn’t know how..” He sighed. “what about: ‘Hey Bee, sorry for scaring the shit out of you by acting like I was possessed. Oh, and sorry for making you worry about me, sorry for making you scared and making you think I was losing it, so you were afraid to lose me.’?”

Bumblebee’s voice died down. Optimus stared at him,” You were worried about me?” “Of course!” Bee shouted,” I went to Ratchet to ask if you where okay. He told me that he couldn’t find anything strange. But then you started to avoid me and I went back to Ratchet. I asked if he was positively sure and if he didn’t want to scan you again. I told him I was scared that the war finally got to you.”

He went silent.  Optimus suddenly noticed tears forming in the scout’s optics. “I-,” he said with a trembling voice,” I was afraid I was going to lose you..”Optimus sighed. Great, a voice in his head said, You made him sad. Good job. You see, this is why you have to stay away from him.. It’s better for him. “Optimus?” Bumblebee’s voice broke through his thoughts. “Huh?” Optimus asked. “You’re not even listening to me, are you?” Bumblebee’s faceplates turned back to emotionless, as did his voice,” You don’t even care.”

They didn’t hear the knock on the door, nor the opening of said door. “Prime?” Jazz’s voice sounded. “What, Bu-.” “I don’t want to hear it,” Bumblebee said, cutting Optimus off. He stormed out of the office. “Was Bee crying?” Jazz asked surprised. “What in Primus name have you done now?” Ironhide said angry. “I didn’t do anything,” Optimus muttered. “cut the slag, Prime,” Ironhide huffed,” This ain’t the first time.”

“What do you mean?” Optimus asked worried. Ironhide stared at him like he grew two heads,” After that thing in the medbay. You creeped him out so much he’d been crying in his quarters for, I dunno, 4 hours or something!” Ironhide threw his servo’s in the air. “You’re unbelievable!”

He stormed out of the office, yelling for Bumblebee to wait for him. Jazz looked at the Prime, shaking his helm. What did I do? Optimus thought. The voice in his processor re-appeared:”You can only hurt him. Stay away from him. Or you’ll end up hurting him again.” No, Optimus thought sadly.

I don’t want to hurt him.