Chapter 6

“Next!” Ratchet shouted from inside the medbay. He’d been busy fixing everybody up after they returned from the fight. Optimus walked inside the medbay. “You’re last?” Ratchet asked. The more badly wounded bots had been fixed first, but the Prime insisted he’d be checked last. Most of them were in their quarters, washing themselves or something else.  Optimus nodded as he climbed up the medical berth. Ratchet scanned him and quickly fixed up his worse leaking wounds.

“How’s Bee?” Optimus asked insecure. Ratchet hmpf-ed and continued to work. “Ratchet?” Optimus asked,” How is Bee?” Ratchet halted his work. “Okay,” Ratchet murmured,” for as far as I could hear.” He wanted to continue patching up the wound on his helm fin, but Optimus stopped him by holding his arm.

“What do you mean,” Optimus said worried,” ‘as far as you could hear’?” Ratchet sighed, putted away his tools and sat down on the berth beside Optimus, facing the Prime. “He hasn’t come out of his quarters,” Ratchet said,” not since he ran in there since your…eh…conversation.”

Optimus groaned and laid his servo on his helm,” I fragged up again, didn’t I?” Ratchet nodded. “You were pretty hard on the kid,” he said. “I couldn’t let him go,” Optimus said,” It was for his own wellbeing. But that wouldn’t go in that thick processor of his.”

“Or was it because you were afraid something bad would happen to him?”

“…” Optimus stared at his friend,”…yes.” “Do you know why?” Ratchet asked, already knowing the answer. “Because I care for him.” The true answer. “But I care for the others too, and I send them, but not Bee…”

When are you going to realize it? Ratchet thought. “I-I don’t … I guess..” Optimus sighed,” I don’t know.” When his friend stayed silent, he said:” I should go apologize, shouldn’t I?” Ratchet smiled softly,” Yes. But first I’m going to finish my job.”

He grabbed his welders and resumed his work. Meanwhile Optimus’ processor was running wild with how he should apologize and how to explain his strange feelings.

Optimus walked towards Bumblebee’s quarters. He finally knew how to apologize. How? Simple. Say sorry and explain why he made those decisions. Once he arrived, he saw Ironhide leaning on the opposite wall of the door to Bee’s quarters. Jazz was knocking on said door. “Bee?” Jazz asked, pressing his audio fin to the door,” Bee? Sweetie, come out?” No response came. “Bee,” Jazz sighed,” Bee, I know ya in there. Come out, please? We can play some lob-ball.”

“It’s no use,” Ironhide huffed,” He won’t say a thing, nor open the door.” Optimus walked up to Jazz,” What’s the problem?” “I went to ask Bee if he wanted to play lob-ball or something ,” Jazz explained,” but I found ‘Hide already here, trying to get him out. He hasn’t said anything, nor opened the door.”

Optimus looked worried at the door. Jazz walked to Ironhide and slid down the wall besides him. He’d given up on getting Bumblebee out of his quarters. Maybe I can get him out, Optimus thought. He raised his servo to knock on the door, but stopped as Ironhide spoke:” I wouldn’t do that if I were you.”

Optimus turned towards him,” Why not?” “Because you’ll only make it worse,” Ironhide shrugged and stood up right. He walked in front of the door, ignoring the Prime. “Bee,” he said pausing even though he knew he wouldn’t get an answer,” I’ll stop by later, I’m bringing you your energon, alright? Then you can talk to me, I’m here for you.”

He stepped away from the door. “What was that all about?” Optimus asked. Ironhide ignored him and began to walk away. “Hey,” Optimus said irritated,” don’t ignore me when I talk to you.”

“What?” Ironhide sneered,” Don’t like being ignored?” Optimus felt the stab of guilt at those words. Ironhide walked on, leaving Optimus and Jazz alone in the hall. “Ignore him , Prime,” Jazz said,” He’s just grumpy because he found out that he’s in love.”

Optimus looked surprised at Jazz, who sat on the ground.

“Who?”

Jazz laughed,” With our adorable scout of course!” Optimus’ spark seemed to stop. Ironhide is in love with Bumblebee?  He thought, Oh no.. He suddenly found himself scared. Scared at the possibility of Bumblebee being in love with Ironhide. He was starting to think about it more, but Jazz’s voice pulled him out.

“Although, he’s not sure if Bee likes him back, makes him insecure.” Jazz shrugged,” I wouldn’t know either, though I think he’s more interested in somebody else.” He looked up at the Prime, noticing he was deep in thoughts and probably didn’t here the last thing he said. Jazz shook his helm.

“He’s apparently not the only one..”