27/ Past, Present, Future

Start from the beginning

**

"Okay, tell us Freddie boy. Why the nerves?" FP sat down on one of the barstools and turned all his attention towards his friend.

"How do people do it? Dating? The last one I took out was Mary." Fred had been nervous ever since he asked Hermione, but now it came so close it became even worse.

"Be yourself. You're a wonderful man Fred, every one can see it." Alice assured him sweetly. To her there was nothing for him to worry about, but she understood where his nerves came from.

"I hope so..." Fred sighed a little as if that could relief some of the tension in his shoulders.

"Could you guys do me a favor? Can you be there as my double date in case I don't know what to say?" He had been a little hesitated to ask, but truth was that he'd feel a lot better with them around as a safety net.

"If that makes you more comfortable then sure. We'll do that." FP promised him with a soft smile.

"Don't worry, it will be a fun night." He added, playfully bumping his brother's shoulder to lighten the mood.

**

That same night the four of them sat down after being fully satisfied with a three course meal. Conversation between the four had come smoothly and besides that the new confused lovebirds hit it off, both FP and Alice really clicked with Hermione as well.

"Dinner was lovely, Fred. Thank you." Hermione smiled gratefully at her date.

"Gotta give the credit for the dessert to Alice." Fred smirked and nudged Alice, who was sitting next to him, with his shoulder.

"Do you cook for them often?" Hermione asked her with a smile. She knew the two households had grown to be very close.

"Well, Fred knows his way in the kitchen but this one..." Alice eyed FP, fighting her smirk.

"You don't even let me there!" He exclaimed with a laugh.

"We all know why." Fred added to Alice's teasing.

"Alright, alright..." FP feigned his hurt but laughed not long after. He just wasn't the best cook, but lucky for him both Fred and Alice had a gift.

"Hey, you wanna walk it off? I ate too much of that cheesecake, I feel like exploding." FP rubbed his belly and breathed out heavily. It wasn't completely untrue, but mostly he was proposing this so Fred and Hermione could have some time to themselves.

"Sure, let me grab my coat." Alice stood up from the couch followed by FP. He helped her into her jacket and shrugged on his own.

"See you in a bit. Enjoy your night." FP winked at them and closed the door, leaving them alone.

"You're lucky with friends like them. They take good care of you. And you take good care of them, I suppose." Hermione had a soft smile plastered over her face.

Back in New York City she did have a group of friends, but none of them were ever like this loving and caring dynamic as she witnessed here. She absolutely loved the idea of getting to know them better and be part of that.

"Yeah, FP has been my brother ever since we were little. Can't imagine my life without him." Fred smiled sweetly. He knew that how close they were was a very rare gift, but he wasn't just any friend. They were family.

"And Alice has grown to be a very close friend since she moved in. It's weird imagining that eight months ago she didn't live here."

It felt like they had known her for decades, when it fact she hadn't even been living next to them for a year. She didn't only have a special impact on FP, but Fred was eternally grateful for her as well.