FP had never considered this could lead to insecurity on her part, especially not when she was unlike anything, anyone, in this world to him.

"That period in my life... I am trying my hardest to forget that. How cruel it may sound, that wasn't sex because I wanted to be with the other person. That was just so I could feel something. Anything."

This wasn't an easy confession, mostly because he was still ashamed of the way he used to deal with this. He might have hurt more people than he'd recall, including himself over and over again by not knowing how to get rid of that unhealthy habit. However, it was the most honest truth he could give her.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring up things you'd rather not talk about." Alice gave him a sad look as she squeezed his arms and tenderly stroke up and down.

It didn't matter to FP that she brought up a touchy subject, especially not when it was about to get mentioned sooner or later. His past, and the way he was currently feeling was all part of him, and he wanted to be able to discuss that with her— all of it.

"What I am trying to tell you is.."

"I've never been with someone that I truly had a connection to. So no matter how many women there may have been, this is going to be special. You're the first one I'll be with and actually have feelings for."

His eyes started to twinkle when he softly spoke those words to her, creating a sweet smile on Alice's face. In a way, this was a totally new experience to him.

"Not even Gladys?" She asked, curiously. Alice wasn't jealous, but she'd forever be the mother of his kids. That meant something, she knew that.

"Maybe so, once upon a time. But even that wasn't remotely like what I feel when I am with you, Alice." FP said sweetly, his eyes sparkling with his love for her.

"I'm sorry for being so insecure." Alice swallowed away her tears as her worries were being taken away by him.

"Hey, don't apologize. I'm glad you told me." He assured her and placed a little kiss on her forehead as she finally smiled.

"And believe me, there isn't a competition when you are in the race. Nobody stands a chance." He winked playfully, making her both blush and giggle.

"I hope you know I am crazy about you too, FP." She cupped his cheeks and kissed him once again, to thank him for easing her nerves.

"Shall we just watch a movie and go to sleep after?" Alice fiddled with the collar of his t-shirt while she sent him her softest look.

"Hmm, cuddling in bed with you while we watch a cheesy movie? I think I am up for that." FP grinned and pinched her sides before he tugged her towards the bed with him.

**

The next morning, the whole gang had thrown Polly an early baby shower. Normally this would happen at the end of a pregnancy, but they decided not to follow tradition since she could use something to cheer her up. Her hormones had been kicking her ass, so they'd try to cheer her up with a little get together.

"Watch out people, FP tried to bake a cake." Fred entered apartment 4B with Archie and FP following closely behind.

"Hey! It might not taste good but it's from the heart." FP feigned his hurt as he carefully held the chocolate brownie cake in his hands.

"Thanks, honey. I appreciate it." Alice smiled and pecked a sweet kiss on his lips. Everybody knew that he wasn't really a pro in the kitchen, but the effort was all that counted.

"It actually smells delicious, can I have a piece?" Polly had perked up the second she had seen the cake in his hands, making her mouth water.

"Polly, I think your pregnancy is affecting your sense of smell." Fred joked as he handed the other snacks they had made over to Alice.