24/ Mornings Like These

Comenzar desde el principio

"I'm not a bad person, am I? For not fighting harder? For just taking their word without further question?" He asked her insecurely, his mind clearly spiraling. His fear of being a horrible father was and would always be haunting him.

Alice immediately cupped his cheeks to make sure he was directly looking into her eyes as she spoke to him.

"You're not, FP. You were miserable there, you didn't have another choice." She comforted him softly.

Her thumbs stroke his cheek, a simple touch that had effect on him instantly. It worked. He breathed out silently and closed his eyes for a brief moment.

"I hope I can prove that I am better, that I can take care of my kids." He spoke more to himself than to her, but either way she'd tell him that she was going to support him through thick and thin.

"I'll be there to help you with it all." She promised sweetly, her hands coming to rest in his hair again when she slowly combed through his dark locks.

"You are the most amazing woman, aren't you?" FP grinned from ear to ear and pushed her down in the mattress and kissed her passionately while hovering over her.

"Hey lovebirds. Breakfast is ready!" Fred's voice shouted through the door, making them break the kiss and look up.

"Coming!" Alice shouted, making sure Fred knew he had been heard.

However, when she made an attempt to leave the bed, FP embraced her into a koala hug, his head ending up in the crook of her neck.

"I don't want to leave the bed, I am too comfy with you next to me." He mumbled as he started to press sweet kisses on her cheek. His stomach involuntarily started to growl, telling him to eat something.

"Your stomach disagrees." Alice teased and playfully pushed him to the side so she'd be able to leave the bed.

She was wearing shorts and a oversized t-shirts of FP's, which was no special outfit, but to him she looked like the most gorgeous woman alive. He stated at her in awe for a second, feeling the luckiest guy on earth.

"Alright, we'll grab something to eat. But after that we're getting back in here." FP managed to sneak in one more kiss, making her giggle like a young teenage girl as they left the bedroom.

On their way to the kitchen they bumped into Betty and Archie in the hallway. Apparently, her daughter had stayed over as well, according to the pyjama she was wearing.

"Morning, Elizabeth." Alice eyed her playfully, telling her with one look that she needed details later.

"Morning, Mom." Betty grinned as they walked into the living room, and couldn't stop the blush on her cheeks. She had hoped she'd be up and off to work already so that they could have skipped this uncomfortable moment.

"It's because I am happy I will let this slide." Alice pointed a playful finger at her youngest, making all four of them laugh.

"You're happy? No kidding, we had no clue." Fred commented sassily, as he continued pouring orange juice for everyone.

"What is it Fred? Are you jealous that I have such an handsome boyfriend?" Alice gloated as she stood next to him at the kitchen island.

"Boyfriend, huh? I like the sound of that." FP hummed behind her, his hands coming to rest on her abdomen as she lolled her head backwards to kiss him.

Before they could melt into a heated and passionate make-out, Fred reminded him they weren't alone.

"There are kids watching." He teased a little, making both Betty and Archie laugh.