{ "Shikamaru" }

Hinata's P.O.V

"The cloud kingdom"

.....The cloud kingdom eh? I wonder if it actually exist. "You believe heavily that it exist?" I asked him as I stared down his face. He turned to face me and we were inches apart. "G-GAH!!" He screamed as he moved backwards nearly falling.

Due to my instincts, I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards me..... Perhaps I pulled a little too hard seeing as his face came into a 2 inch reach of mine. He was a whole new shade of red, "I-I H-Hinata-s-san" he stuttered out. I frowned at the sound of his heavy stutter.

I backed away from his face, "answer the question!" I exclaimed with a laugh. "I- oh y-yeah..... I do." He mumbled, I began to laugh hysterically. "I didn't......propose......to you kid." I managed to say in between my laughter.

I didn't have to look at him to tell his face was flushed red! I cleared my throat, "all jokes aside. You really wanna find this place don't cha' ? I mean you risked your life, intentionally or not, I know you at least were aware." I stated as I picked up a rock and began tossing it around.

"Aha....... I really believe that they live there! If- If I could only get to the cloud village!" He said with sadness in his tone. I glanced at him from the corner of my eye, "if it's the cloud kingdom you want, it's the cloud kingdom I'll take you." I sighed as I got up to dust off my clothes.

I looked at him and his eyes widened, he looked up to look me in my eyes, considering he was still sitting. "I- what?" He mustered out in disbelief. "You want to go don't you? I have a job to do and that's to take you home. If seeing the cloud kingdom will get you to go home then I will, bring you there." I gave him a thumbs up.

Tears formed at his eyes, any second now; they threaten to fall. I held my hand out to help him get up, "well?" I asked with a grin. He hesitantly raised his hand to meet mine. I yanked him up and pointed at the now fully risen moon.

"If the cloud kingdom exist, I'll take you there." I smiled, I turned my head to see his reaction when my eyesight suddenly disappeared. I smelt strawberries, I felt a heartbeat; did he just hug me? "T-thank you H-Hinata-san.... that m-means a lot....

I pulled away from him and chuckled out a small "it's not problem."  I looked up to see his face and I noticed tears falling from his eyes. I began to internally panic.

Crying boy..... Crying boy!!!

Not knowing what to do I cleared my throat extremely loud and shot him a smile. "I'm going t-to head back..." he said, "would you like me to escort you?" I asked. His face went red again. "A-ah no my pride would be I-in shambles...." he mumbled.

I giggled at his thought.... I shrugged if off and allowed him to walk by himself. Of course I watched him from afar... he did go missing after all. I'm dumb but I'm not stupid!

As Naruto safely made it inside I let out a shaky breath..... I'm still not tired. Maybe I'll walk around the village some more, it is huge after all...

I spend around thirty (30) minutes scoping out the village when a thought resurfaced itself in my mind. I used to live on the outskirts eh?...... Why don't I check that out?

I began to run towards the edge of the village, yes there was multiple places to go but I was relying on my muscle memory; my feet, they were going to lead me.

Have I always been a fast runner? Perhaps..... I guess I'll figure it out soon. I ran for another three (3) minutes when I finally came to a Halt. In the distance I saw a house, though my mind was currently focused on what was closer to me.  A figure of a tall man.

"Who are you?....." I sneered as I reached for my sword. I locked eyes with the man and I froze.....

Why can't I move.....

Am I scared?

Why is he looking at me like that....

Who is........................

My mind suddenly fell blank, my eye lids got heavy,I could feel my body falling to the ground; yet I couldn't do anything about it.....

•••

"How are you liking home world so far?" A familiar voice spoke. I got up from the ground, well the void..... "Nine Tails......" I groaned as I realized I was inside of my mind.

"Sorry! You fainted so I took this as an opportunity to chat with you a bit" they said cheekily.

Oh that sly fox..

"It's interesting...... I gained some memories. Not a lot though. I've also discovered trigger words; words that I know have to do with my past but anytime I try and remember it gives me a headache." I began explaining everything to the fox as they nodded and smiled.

"Sounds to me that you're doing great! Haha.... Well the next time we meet Hinata, I promise I'll have more to tell you."

And with that I woke up.

•••

I opened my eyes to find a figure hovering over me.

"Ah you're awake.... It's been a long time Hinata..... but never mind that, you're here to see where you used to live right? Well let's go." The voice was mono-tone yet very masculine. After seconds of contemplating I decided to go with him.

I walked with this man, not letting my guard falter even in the slightest. I wasn't good when it came to logic, but give me someone to defend or fight; I'll succeed with no fail... As we walkedI attempted to steal glances at his face alas it all resulted in failure.

We got to the small hut like house and entered.

The man motioned me over to a small wooden table. We sat in silence facing each other, the man slid a bag of green along with a photograph on the table.

.

.

.

.

.

A photograph?! Of such high quality?

.

.

.

.
We don't have things like that in this world........ I mean yes we do have photographs but, they cost a fortune as Sasuke said and this one looks advanced..... It looks like......

something from earth...

I picked it up and took a good look at the photograph......

A lump formed in my throat, my breathing became hinged and unsteady.

I looked up at the man in front of me as he removed his hood and displayed a lazy yet sly smirk. 

I opened my mouth and without hesitation a name crept out from it;

"Shikamaru...."

___

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER AND LONG WAIT, the next one will be much longer!

You see I live in Canada. I'm also still in school and I'm tryna figure out WHAT THE HECK THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION IS DOING. I'm utterly confused...... -Gb

WELP! Guess I'll wait and see~ Gb