Step 7: Make Him Comfortable Around You

"Morning Small Bob." Percy says to the kitten on his face, Small Bob cocks his head in confusion and paws at Percy's cheeks. Percy pets him gently until Small Bob rolls off his face, onto his collar bone and then the pillow. Percy stands and stretches, he gives Small Bob a wink then leaves to go to bathroom.

Small Bob sighs, humans are so weird.

Percy sighs dramatically, Jason's jacket clutched in his gloved hands, he approaches his crush with a new confidence he'd never had before.

"Hey Jason." Percy pipes up-no pun intended- causing Jason, Leo and Frank to turn around to face him, Leo whispers something to Frank and they both give Jason a look. Jason is avoiding Percy's eye and looking a little pink.

"We've gotta go." Leo says starting to back away with Frank in tow.

"Wait, where are you going?" Jason demands a little panicked.

"You know, people to see, best friends to set up, girlfriends to kiss." Frank says waving him away before they both turn and sprint away into the midst of the crowded hallway.

"Hey Percy." Jason says giving Percy a bright smile, his voice is a little rocky and he's still pink.

"I just wanted to return your jacket." Percy says quickly holding it out, Jason quickly takes it and puts it away in his locker. Percy and Jason both look away from each other awkwardly until Percy's phone buzzes.

"Hang on." Percy pulls it out to see two texts from Piper, one from this morning and another from a few seconds ago.

Step 7: Make him comfortable around you! NO walking into things.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING JACKSON?! MAKE A FUCKING MOVE! 

Percy quickly puts his phone in his pocket, terrified that Jason will see. He gives Jason a smile, one more confident then he feels.

"We're friends right?" Percy asks hesitantly, Jason makes an unreadable expression.

"Yeah I guess so." He replies numbly, Percy feels a little deflated. Just friends? Every part of him was hoping that Jason would deny it and ask for something more, but of course, that was never going to happen.

"Great, I'm glad to hear it. And as my friend," Percy puts emphasis on the word and gives Jason a wink, "do you wanna’ have lunch with me today?"

"Just us?" Jason asks, Percy nods.

"We'll get to know each other better." He says, Jason beams happily.

"Yeah okay, see you then Percy." Jason turns and walks away leaving a happy Percy for a few seconds before he realises something.

"Did I just wink at Jason Grace?"

"Okay, what's your favourite colour?" Percy asks flicking his plastic spoon up and down while leaning on the cafeteria table. It was small and round, big enough for the two of them but would never be for more people. Jason sits opposites Percy, on the table with a plate of mac n' cheese in his hand while Percy is eating his third pot of blue jelly.

"Blue." Jason replies.

"Really? Me too!" Percy grins, Jason laughs through a mouthful and points to Percy's hair with his fork.

"I can tell."

"Oh shucks, you noticed." Percy gushes in an over exaggerated girly voice, Jason laughs and shakes his head.

Percy glances around, the cafeteria is alive with buzz except for one table. Piper, Annabeth, Hazel, Frank, Leo, Nico and Will are all staring at Percy and Jason (well, except for Will and Nico who are snogging). Piper and Annabeth make over exaggerated hand motions with their phones in their hands, Percy sends them a thumbs up but ignores then request for him to check him phone.

"You know they're staring at us right? My friends and yours?" Jason says without turning around, does the boy have eyes in the back of his head? Percy thinks wildly, must be a football thing.

"Uh, no shit Sherlock." Percy replies, Jason gives him a look making Percy go back to his jelly with a snicker.

"We should give them something to stare at." Jason suggests, Percy's eyes go wide as his brain rushes to all the possible thing that could mean.

"Like w-what?" Percy stutters, his spoon hanging from his mouth. Jason pauses for a second them grins.

He turns over from where he sits of the table, placing one leg on the chair and continuing to kneel with the other on the table he reaches over a picks up Percy's hand.

"Until next time Perseus." He whispers softly and gives it a gentle kiss before gracefully jumping off the table and calming walking out.

Percy remains frozen, his mouth gaping open, his hand still frozen in the air from where Jason had let it go. Annabeth and Piper come racing over to him with Leo and Hazel on their heels.

"Holy shit, what was that?" Annabeth shrieks. Percy doesn't reply, she shoves his chair to try and get a reaction causing Percy to fall crashing to the ground. He stares dazed up at Piper and Annabeth who are looking over him worried.

"Step 7 is so complete." Percy whispers giddily.

I'm thinking about writing a sequel book to this all about Small Bob, what do you guys think?

Love Percy xx