-Chapter Eight

In the clearing, Alice Cullen can be seen approaching the Volturi hand in hand with her mate, Jasper Hale. Before they could get remotely close to the kings, two Volturi guards grabbed them.

"My dear, dear Alice, we're so glad to see you here after all," Aro greeted,

"I have evidence the child won't be a risk to our kind," Alice says, still struggling to get out of the guard's hold. Aro looks at Alice with slight suspicion, "Let me show you." Alice continued, holding out her hand towards Aro.

The raven-haired king motioned for the guard to let Alice go while the other slapped Jasper.

Aro held Alice's hand eagerly,

"It doesn't matter what I show you, even when you see, you still won't change your decision," Alice said clearly angry removing Aro's hold on her hand. She then turned to Bella and mouthed, "now."

Bella understood. She looked at Renesmee who was perched on top of Jacob, Bella then looks at Jacob. William just looked at the three, slowly understanding what was happening, "Take care of my daughter," Bella whispered to Jacob. They were about to got but William stopped them,

"Take care, Tesoro," William whispered to Renesmee. He then looked at Jacob, "Take care of her."  Jacob nodded and ran. William's stare sticking to them but, his attention was caught when he heard Caius order, "Get them!"

William turned back and focused at the problem at hand. He was confident that Jacob will protect Renesmee.

He saw Aro a few meters away from where he was before. He heared Aro order his guards to take Alice away which, to Carlisle, was unacceptable.

"Let her go!" Carlisle exclaimed running forward to attack Aro.  he and Aro meet each other mid-air, Aro landing on his knees with something in his hands, It was Carlisle's decapitated head! William watched in horror as Aro smiled wickedly and Aro burning Carlisle's body.

William was stuck in his place, breathing heavily. He had failed to protect his family.

William suddenly became aware that all hell has broken loose.

Everyone on their side was fighting. He saw Jasper writhe in pain because of Jane and then beheaded by another guard, he saw Emmett decapitate Jane's twin, and he saw Seth, get killed by another member of the guard. His senses was overwhelming him but, what pushed him to the edge was when he heard Renesmee, his dear little one, scream to Jacob to, "Watch out!"

William saw that they were losing. He decided to take matters into his own hands but was stopped when he felt the earth shake. He saw the clearing split in half many members of the Volturi falling in almost taking Esme and Edward with them but, still managing to escape and threw Felix down the crack.

William was going to make everyone go immobile but was stopped with an extremely painful pull in his chest. He fell to his knees when he saw Jane, his mate, being decapitated by Sam. He felt weak. His mate, which he searched for thousands of years, killed.

'I never even got to touch her.' William thought sorrowfully.

Everything was a blur after that. William couldn't focus on anything. He wanted to kill everyone in his way, everything in his path but still rendered immobile caused by the pain. The pain of loss. He thought that he couldn't feel any kind of pain anymore but, he stood corrected. 

His motto was, "Inflict pain to those who want to hurt you before they even get the chance." 

And yet, here he was, Feeling pain. Pain that he was supposed to inflict on others, pain that others should be feeling, not him.

The last thing he saw was Aro's head on the ground with Bella hovering over it holding a torch.

He was pulled out of Alice's vision with a gasp, He didn't realize that he, too, was seeing what Alice has seen.

"Now you know. That's your future, unless you decide on another course." Alice told Aro with certainty in her voice.

" We cannot alter our course, the child still poses a grave threat," Caius told Aro, clearly wanting to fight.

"Dear Caius, you're just looking for a fight, aren't you? Alice is not quite finished with what she has to show. So, kindly shut up and listen, you insolent fool." William spoke clearly getting irritated with Caius' Behavior. 

William's voice reached Jane's ears. Jane was mesmerized, she wanted to go to William but decided against it knowing her masters wouldn't allow it. She also thought that she doesn't need him, she was perfectly happy and content with his brother and masters.

"Alice, if you may," William said telling Alice to continue. 

"I've been searching for witnesses of my own, among the Tekona tribes of Brazil," Alice started but was cut off by Caius saying, "We have enough witnesses-"

"What about shutting up and listening did you not understand, Caius?" William spat making Caius shut up.

A man and woman emerged from the trees, wearing tribal necklaces and both are barefoot.

"My name is Nahuel. I am half human, half vampire, like the child. A vampire seduced my mother, who died giving birth to me. My aunt Huilen raised me as her own. I made her immortal." Nahuel informed the three kings and their witnesses.

"How old are you?" Bella asked which Nahuel answered with, " A hundred and fifty years," Which made Bella sigh happily.

"At what age did you reach full maturity?" William asked completely intrigued.

" I became full grown seven years after my birth. I've not changed since then," Nahuel, once again, answered. 

" And your diet?" Aro inquired,

"Blood, human food, I can survive on either." Nahuel said.

"These children are much like us," Marcus breathed out,

"Regardless, The Cullens have been consorting with werewolves, our natural enemies!" Caius sneered making William look at him in disbelief.

Aro raised his hand to silence Caius and turned to his army,

"Dear ones, there is no danger here. We will not fight today,"

Almost every member of the Volturi were disappointed, Jane should be disappointed too but, surprisingly, she wasn't. She was too busy staring at William to even feel disappointed.

"No, but, there is something I would like to discuss with you, Aro." William said with great emphasis on Aro's name.

Aro stiffened as he turned around. He saw William slowly approaching him.

"I would like to talk to Jane and have her come and live with me." William said with great Confidence in his tone.