"I'm new to this school. I have no siblings. And I'm 17."

I wrote down the information Evan gave me.

"So what were you saying about me earlier?" Evan looked at me.

"What? Oh, nothing."

"Yes, something! I heard you. Was it something bad?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No. Not at all."

"Then what was it?"

"I'll tell you later." I stood up and walked towards Holly and Gina. I wrote down their facts and turned in my assignment.

"Its nice to see you taking Journalism, Aurora." Mrs. Matthews stopped me in front of the classroom.

"Yeah, I'm excited for it." I smiled. Mrs. Matthews was probably my favorite teacher. She was always preppy and nice in English last year.

"So I see you have a new friend?" She asks, looking in the back of the classroom. I didnt even have to turn around and look to see who she was talking about, because I already knew it was Evan.

But I turned around anyways. Evan and I made eye contact, as if he was staring at me already. "Yeah, Evan. He just moved here."

Mrs. Matthews nods. "That's nice, dear."

I nodded.

"Are you, Holly and Evan ok sitting next to each other for the rest of the semester? I was going to make up a seating chart."

"Yes, of course. We all get along really well." I smiled.

"That's great, I'll keep that in mind." She smiled and I sat back down.

The bell rang. "Hey, Aurora? Gina asked if we wanted to have lunch with her." Holly gathered her books together.

"I'm ok. You go." I smiled and flung my bag over my shoulder.

"You sure?" Holly looked concerned.

I nodded. "Positive."

Holly smiled and said she'd catch up with me later. When I walked out the classroom door, Evan stood in the hall, leaning against the wall, with one foot on the wall, the other on the floor.

I slowly and carefully walked up to him.

"Do you want to go get lunch?" I asked him.

He nodded. "I was going to ask you the same thing."

"Oh." I smiled and began walking down the hall. Evan followed.

"Well where do you want to go?" He asked.

I shrugged. "There's this really good sandwich shop down the block. Or there's a nice coffee place right next to it."

"I don't really mind. It's up to you. I'm not too hungry."

"Coffee then. Trust me, you won't regret it. It's amazing. They have bagels too." I smiled.

We got to the coffee shop and sat down. I ordered a Vanilla Mocha and Evan ordered a plain black coffee. We were sitting at the table talking, laughing, telling jokes and stories, and having a good time, when Angelina, Alexis and Tamika walk in. Great.

"Oh, let's sit here." Angelina said, sitting down right behind Evan.

Evan continued laughing and talking like they didn't even walk in in the first place.

"Excuse me, I need to wash up." I tried being as polite as possible, and rushed off to the bathroom.

When I got in there, I texted Holly.

Evan and I are at the coffee place. And Angelina and her posse just walked in. GREAT!

I looked at myself in the mirror, then Angelina walked in.

She observed herself in the mirror and fixed her long blonde hair.

"So are you and Evan, y'know, a thing?" She turned towards me.

"Why?" I squinted my eyes.

"Just wondering. He's gorgeous."

I nodded. "Yeah, well."

Angelina stepped towards me. "You're cute. Did you know that?"

I shrugged. "I should probably go."

"Oh of course. But wait, before you get too serious with Evan, you might want to consider backing off."

"Backing off?" I questioned her.

She nodded. "I had him first."

I chuckled. "Since when?"

"Since he first moved here over the summer."

"Yeah, okay Angelina. He doesn't even talk to you." I started towards the door.

"Yes he does! He talks to me all of the time!" She yelled.

"You're just jealous."

"I am not," She said. I opened up the door. "This is not the end of this, Aurora!" I could hear her stomp her foot.

"I'm so sorry it took so long, Angelina came in and was talking to me." I rolled my eyes.

"Apology accepted. What did she say?" He asked, taking a sip of his coffee.

"She said to back off, you were hers first, and that this wasn't the end of it or something." I shrugged.

Evan didn't seem to care too much. He just continued drinking his coffee.

"You were right by the way. This place is great!" Evan smiled.

I nodded. "I know!"

When we were done, Evan and I walked back to the school and went to the last two periods of the day. I didnt see Evan after school, so he must have left. I met Holly at my car so I could give her a ride home. She's been paying me $10 a week to give her a ride so she doesn't have to walk, since she lives kind of close.

"So what's the deal with you and Evan? What's going on?" She asked.

"I don't really know. He's cute, but he's a mystery. There's something about him that's just a mystery to me. And that's hot." I giggled.

Holly laughed. "I'd agree. He seems...dangerous in a way. In a hot way!"

"Maybe it was because of that leather jacket?"

"Who knows. So do you like him then?" She looked at me.

"Maybe." I smiled.

"Oh come on! I know that smile. You do like him!" She yelled.

"Shh! Keep it down," We got into the car. "In Journalism today, we were talking about him and he snuck up behind me and now he's suspicious, remember? I don't need that happening again."

Holly nodded. "Right. Anyways, what happened with Angelina?"

I explained the whole story to her and she gasped, and laughed and even looked like she was going to cry. I dropped her off at her house, and after I got home, I laid back the seat in my car. I laid down with the music cranked to Alternative Rock. The Arctic Monkeys were playing.

I slowly drifted off, with my phone on my chest, wondering when Evan would call.