18/ The Other Woman

Start from the beginning

With the letter folded into a pink envelope he made his way back into the living room. Fred and Archie were watching a cooking show together.

"Hey, you done? Happy with what you got down?" Fred noticed movement behind him and turned his head to look at his friend. FP nodded a little shyly. He took place on the couch as well.

"Yeah, pretty positive about this. I want to give it to her. I am not even sure she'll feel the same way, but I want to take a shot before it's too late."

While writing, FP had grown more and more confident about the idea that sharing this with her was a good thing, even when the chances of getting his heart broken were high. He was being true to himself, which was a big win.

"That's the spirit. I'm proud of you." Fred smiled at his friend. He knew like no other that writing down feelings was a challenge for FP.

"What are you waiting for, go give it to her!" Fred chuckled as he pushed FP off the couch, towards the door.

FP laughed and stumbled towards the exit, a wave of anxiety washing over him as he realized what he was about to do.

But just as he opened the door, there was standing someone on the other side who was raising her hand to knock on the door. It kept hanging in the air.

"Gladys?" FP gasped out in disbelief.

She wasn't alone. His kids were with her. Was he dreaming? Or was this a nightmare?

"Jug? Jelly?" He was confused, more than ever. What were they doing here? And why now?

FP quickly shoved the pink envelope in the back pocket of his jeans. That would have to wait. First he needed to know why the woman who had been purposely ignoring him and basically pushed him away was suddenly in Riverdale.

"Why the long face? Aren't you happy to see us?" Gladys smirked slightly, but the pure disbelief and shock on his face didn't disappear.

"I convinced Mom to come here, to surprise you." Jughead cleared up, a small smile on his face.

Considering how hard the boy had been fighting to get his parents to talk to each other, it all made a bit more sense. FP felt like he was punched in the gut, but would push that away as a feeling of overwhelming. It had been so long.

"Woah, I don't know what to say." He murmured nervously, as his hands tangled in his hair.

Behind him, Archie and Fred shared a knowing look. Neither of them were sure if this surprise visit would do FP any good.

"How about 'Come in'?" Gladys proposed a little sarcastically as she was visibly growing annoyed.

"Yeah, sure. Sorry, come on in." FP smiled nervously, but stepped aside for his family to enter.

His gaze has fixed on his daughter, who looked so different since the last time they had seen each other. His heart ached as he thought of how he hadn't been there to witness it.

"You've gotten so big Jellybelly." FP said sweetly, a proud grin on his face. However, the young girl wasn't ready to compromise yet.

"You wouldn't have said that if you had seen me every day." She spat bitterly, and walked past him while looking around the apartment.

"Sorry, I had no idea she was going to be so moody." Jughead excused the behavior of his sister.

"She has all the right to be mad at me." FP glanced down at the floor so his son wouldn't see his tears.