It surprised her that the girl didn't do anything except fold her arms accusingly. After Amber had picked up all the food, she glanced around to catch several vampires staring at her.

Without further ado, she brushed past the girl and darted up to her room while clutching the food. Once safe again, she wildly got ready to leave. She knew the woman would most likely tell Luna what had occurred, and Luna would come to check on her.

"Shit," she mumbled as she shoved the food into her school backpack. That woman just ruined everything!

Amber slid on the ring Hailey had given her. If she knew the location of her apartment, she would have gone there. But she had only been around that area twice, and one of those times, she had been drunk.

Amber chuckled at the memory of that night as she slipped on another jacket. She shoved two more in her backpack to keep her warm. She wrapped the glass rose in one of the jackets to keep it from breaking. She then slid on the broken necklace which was supposedly from her mother. She also wore the bracelet Eva had gotten her and she shoved her new iPod inside of the backpack as well. All her Christmas presents were going on this trip with her as some sort of a reminder.

She knew it would be hard to run from Luna. Her aunt would chase after her, but she would have a hard time doing so if Amber left no trace of where she had gone. She could do this. She had to do this.

Amber slid on rain boots and a warm hat before finding something to break the glass window. It would be risky due to the possibility of cutting herself on the glass, but it was worth the risk.

She settled with a picture frame hanging in her room. She slid out the picture of the majestic-looking horse and set it aside. She took a deep breath before gently pounding the frame against the glass. The glass cracked, but only created a small hole. Amber didn't want to slam the frame against the glass, because she knew that would make a loud noise.

She once more tapped the frame against the glass, but was a bit more rough. Several glass pieces fell as the glass slightly broke.

Amber continued this process until she had made a nice hole which was big enough for her to climb out of.

She tightly tied the top of the sheets to a hook on the bottom of the window. She threw it out the window, and smiled as it practically touched the ground. The only things she was worried about was cutting herself on the glass, and the possibility of the sheets coming off the hook.

Before she took her risky escape, she scanned her eyes around the room to see if she should bring anything else. She quickly ran over to the dresser and yanked out a flashlight. That would be helpful.

She shoved it in her backpack before swinging it around to her back. She didn't have much of a plan, but she could not do this any longer.

She heard footsteps from outside and immediately remembered that she needed to get the hell out. She ran over to the window, but grew dizzy. She was getting nervous. What if something went wrong?

She heard female voices nearby, and suddenly grew some confidence. She clung onto the rope she had made and slowly crawled out of the window.

"Oh God..." Amber muttered once she was outside and her feet were pressed against the house wall. She didn't think she had cut herself, but she was terrified to move. She kept counting to three, promising that once she got to three, she would take a step down. But this process failed her.

She sat there and clung onto the sheets, not knowing what to do next. Maybe she could just quickly slide down them rather than climb.

Knowing if she thought it over too much, she would only stress herself out. So instead, she took a breath of the brisk January air and she slid down the sheets. She couldn't hold back the squeal as she closed her eyes and dropped her feet from the wall.