Best Day Ever

We reached the door, and Alec unlocked it carefully. It slid open, and we all climbed outside. Rain poured down on us instantly soaking our clothes. I ran behind Jane, trying to keep up with the two vampires. I couldn't tell if I was crying or if it was just rain falling down my face.

I was starting to panic as we approached the gate to the garden me and Jane had trespassed on earlier this month.

If I didn't say anything I would lose Jane, but if I told her how I felt than I could still lose her and it would destroy me. Both options seemed like too big of risks and I wasn't sure what to do.

Alec opened the gate for me and Jane. He nodded at me and gave me a tiny grin.

"Good luck Kian. I'll see you later sister." Alec stated. I mumbled my thanks, and he ran back into Volterra. I turned to Jane and admired her gorgeous face.

I couldn't leave her. I had to risk the pain of rejection, I couldn't just give up.

"I can't do this Jane." I whispered. I heard her sniffle. I looked into her eyes begging her not to send me away.

"I can't." I repeated. She stood there frozen, her sad eyes locked on mine. I took her hand in mine, and she gripped it tightly. It hurt when she touched the stitches on my palm, but I didn't complain.

"I can't leave you Jane. I c-can't lose you. P-Please let me stay." I begged. Hot tears fell down my face. Jane lifted her hand and wiped a few away, she dropped her hand onto my shoulder. She nodded her head staring at me with deep red eyes.

"I just want you to be h-happy Kian. I don't w-want you to go." She cried.

"You're my happiness." I whispered. Jane sniffled and squeezed my hand slightly. Her eyes filled with tears.

"And you are mine." She cried with a real smile on her face. My heart pounded in my chest, and I felt like I might faint. I put a hand on her cheek, and I carefully leaned down. Our foreheads connected and I closed my eyes. I breathed in her smell, and sighed.

I memorized the feeling of being so close to her, so I'd never forget it. I never wanted to forget this moment. I lowered my head so our mouths were a mere inch away. I heard Jane inhale slightly. I closed the distance and met her lips with mine. I gasped slightly as she kissed me back passionately.

She pulled me closer to her tearing a hole in my shirt. I had to pull back slightly for some air, but I met her lips again within a second. Her cold hands moved to the back of my neck, and I shivered lightly as they made contact with my skin. I loved the feeling of every little movement she made against my body. She continued to squish against me like she couldn't get close enough. Time stopped, and the only thing that mattered was Jane. My heart was fluttering out of control. I moaned slightly as she put a hand in my hair. This was the best moment of my life.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her as close to me as possible. I had to break away for a breath, but when I did I was pushed into the wall and Jane started kissing me more passionately. I gasped trying to regain some oxygen. Jane noticed my struggle for breath, and let go of me. I opened my eyes and stared at her begging her to continue. She looked at me with big apologetic eyes.

"I'm sorry Kian. I forgot that you needed to breath." She whispered. She sighed and rested her forehead on my chest. "We shouldn't do that, I nearly lost control. I could've killed you."

"It would have been worth it." I whispered. I was still breathing heavily. "That was the best moment of my entire life." I smiled at her in hopes that she'd continue. I didn't want my fragileness to ruin this moment.

"Why did it have to stop?" She whispered to herself sadly.

"It doesn't have to." I whispered back. She stared up at me. She looked terrified.

"I don't want to hurt you Kian." She worried. She pulled away slightly, but I put a hand in her hair and leaned in for another kiss. She tried to resist at first, but she couldn't. I was back against the wall, and Jane was kissing me deeply. On occasion she'd let up and allow me to breath. I rested my forehead on hers and kept my eyes closed while I regained my breath. Jane sighed and pulled me closer so our noses were touching.

"Your so warm." She whispered seductively. She entrapped my lips in hers again, and I let another moan escape. We pulled apart once more. She brushed through my hair, and I leaned into her touch.

"I love you." I whispered. I wasn't sure if I said it aloud or not. Jane pulled the front of my shirt so we were kissing again. I ran my hand down her side, and she moaned quietly as she melted into me.

"I love you." She whispered as we pulled away again. I smiled at her lovingly, and she smiled back. Her smile was more gorgeous than I had remembered. I felt like my heart was going to explode. We stared into each other's eyes for a long time, not knowing what to do next. She rested her head on my chest and inhaled slowly.

"What do we do now Kian?" She questioned. She sounded like she was scared.

"Let's not worry about it too much." I whispered. She nodded and looked up into my eyes. She brought her hand to my cheek and traced my jawline with her fingers.

"Would you want to go for a walk?" I asked. Jane grinned and nodded her head enthusiastically. I climbed over the wall and jumped off the top. Jane jumped over the wall and landed silently. Jane took my hand and we walked up the trail slowly. I didn't want to rush anything. Who knew how long this would last. I could be killed at any second.

We reached our hill and we both sat down under the willow tree. Jane climbed onto my lap and rested her head in the crook of my neck. I brushed through her milk chocolate hair. She sighed.

"I'm terrified." She whispered. Tears started to roll down her face.

"Why?" I asked her. I looked down into her eyes and wiped away the tears that had fallen.

"They are going to take you away from me." She cried. She turned her head and hid it in my shirt. I rubbed her back soothingly.

"I won't leave you. I promise, I'll never leave your side." I whispered. I felt my own tears fall. She whimpered and wrapped her hands in my shirt. I started to hum a calming melody for her. The crickets chirped lightly adding to the melody. It was beautiful and peacful, so I decided not to think about the Volturi for a while.

"That's beautiful." Jane complemented my lullaby. I nearly laughed. It was one of Dahlia's favorite songs. It was cheesy, but I was singing it anyway. I wrapped my arms around her tighter. I smiled at her sweetly, but her eyes were closed. She almost looked like she was asleep, even if it was impossible. I got further into the lullaby and I started to sing the lyrics quietly.

They didn't have you where I come from...

Jane looked up into my eyes and smiled lovingly. Her eyes sparkled, and I nearly melted.

"You're singing." She grinned shyly. I nodded at her.

"Only for you beautiful." I whispered. She giggled and leaned back into my chest.

Never knew the best was yet to come.
Life began when I saw your face.
And I hear your laugh like a serenade.

How long do you wanna be loved.
Is forever enough, is forever enough.
How long do you wanna be loved.
Is forever enough.
'Cause I'm never, never giving you up.

Jane looked at me with teary eyes, and placed a hand on my cheek. I gazed down at her. She looked like a goddess the way she shined in the moonlight. I gave her a gentle kiss on her forehead. I rested my chin on her head, and closed my eyes. This was the best day ever.

She was mine.

And I was hers.

Life was perfect, and all the problems in the world didn't seem to matter. Not even the Volturi, or the Cullens could hurt us. No one could tear us apart.

"I love you Jane." I sighed.

"I love you Kian."

Song "Lullaby" belongs to the "Dixie Chicks" not me.

Ah! I've been wanting to write this chapter since the beginning of the book. I love how cute and cheesy it is! I just love my little Kian!

Hope you enjoyed!