2-Great news

When Harry finally walked inside his house and turned on the light in the hallway he was beat. He locked the door behind him and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth. He looked at himself in the mirror while he was working up a foam. Today went well, he thought. Lottie's family was wonderful. He really liked her mum. He got the feeling they liked him as well. All of them except Louis. He had a hard time figuring him out. One second he was really nice and the next he just glared at him. In any other situation, he would have asked him out because that man was breathtaking but that was off the table now.

He couldn't allow himself to hope but his heart deceived him. Was Lottie actually gonna do this for him? He couldn't believe someone could have that big of a heart. Being pregnant wasn't easy, according to his mum and sister. His mum had told him countless stories about morning sickness, swollen feet, and God knows what. But it all sounded absolutely amazing to him. Being able to carry a child was a miracle. Women were miracles.

He could see himself with a daughter. They could have cute, matching outfits. He could braid her hair and play with dolls, or cars if she preferred that. He could easily see himself with a son as well. It didn't matter really. He just wanted to be someone's dad. Was his dream coming through? Harry sighed and put away his toothbrush. He climbed into bed and turned the lights off. Time would tell.

----------

In the month that followed, Harry was an emotional wreck. He cried after their first doctor's appointment at the clinic. He cried when Lottie signed the papers to be his surrogate. He cried when they harvested her eggs and he even cried when he jerked off into a cup. But it was all happy tears.

He was by her side every step of the way and when he nervously waited outside the toilet for her to take a pregnancy test it felt like he was going to faint. He had followed her home and her whole family was there, including Louis. He had an apartment of his own but he seemed to like spending time with his family.

Lottie came out of the bathroom, waving a test in her hand with a huge grin.
"It's positive! You're going to be a dad, Harry!"

Harry just stared at her at first but then he broke down crying and hugged her tightly.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you."

Louis came running upstairs.
"Is everything okay?"

Harry let go of Lottie and dried his eyes feeling embarrassed. Louis was eyeing them in concern.
"Everything's great! Harry's gonna be a dad! I'm pregnant!" Lottie announced proudly.

Harry could feel his whole face turn into a blissful smile. He was so happy! Louis' features softened.
"Congratulations, Harry."

He actually congratulated him? Harry smiled a dimpled smile.
"Thank you, Louis."

Louis stared at him and blinked a couple of times.
"Uhm, yeah. Dinner's ready."

"Great! Come on Harry, let's tell mum!" Lottie said and took Harry's hand to drag him downstairs.

Harry could hear Louis sigh behind them. There was the Louis he had gotten to know so far. But the congratulation had sounded sincere. Well, Louis was the least of his concerns now. He was having a baby! That was absolutely insane and so incredible that he felt like crying again.

As soon as they came into the kitchen Lottie announced that she was pregnant. Jay could see how emotional Harry was and got tears in her eyes. She came up to give him a hug and whispered "congratulations" in his ear before she hugged her daughter as well.  
"This calls for a celebration Louis, get the good bottle of wine and some soda for Lottie."

To Harry's surprise, Louis didn't protest. He just turned around and walked to the living room to fetch the bottle of wine. He came back a minute later and went to the kitchen counter to find a corkscrew. He opened the bottle and found some wine glasses and poured the wine before he opened the fridge to pour Lottie a glass of coke. He handed them their glasses without a word. Jay raised her glass.
"To Harry's upcoming fatherhood and to my wonderful daughter who's doing this for him. Cheers!"

They clinked their glasses and took a sip. Louis was staring intensely at Harry over the glass before he took a sip as well. Harry smiled at him.
"Thank you and Lottie? I can't begin to describe how thankful I am. You're incredible! You'll have my love and devotion for the rest of my life and...Oh God, I'm gonna cry again." Harry said with an embarrassed laugh when he felt tears prick behind his eyes.

"Seeing how happy this makes you makes it all worth it." Lottie answered.

"I'm over the moon happy." Harry replied and smiled. "If you excuse me for a second, I'm just gonna give my mum a quick ring to tell her the news."

"Of course, dear. She's gonna be a grandma. She'll be really excited!" Jay smiled.

Harry nodded his head and stepped out into the hallway to make the call. His mum cried when he told her the news which of course, made him cry as well. He dried his cheeks when he hung up and went back to the kitchen to join the others.

They sat down to eat dinner. Harry caught Louis staring at him with an unreadable expression on his face. They locked eyes for a second before Louis looked down on his plate again but Harry found him staring at him again a couple of minutes later. What was his deal? He knew Louis wasn't exactly happy that Lottie was doing this but could he stop with the creepy staring? Harry wasn't the enemy. He was just the luckiest guy alive at the moment. He still had a hard time grasping that he was going to be a dad.