Chapter 26

Chapter 26

January 2, 1962

"I don't want you to think I'm moving things too fast," George said, his face illuminated by the dim light of the old lamp in this dingy hotel room. It was two in the morning.

The Beatles had auditioned for Decca Records yesterday morning, and although I didn't hang around the band much on account of John, George had insisted that I travel to London with them to cheer him on. He had saved enough money to rent us a hotel room tonight and a train ticket back to Liverpool tomorrow, a sort of mini holiday he called it. George had said that the audition went okay but they weren't very impressed with the manager of the record label, and they weren't sure if he liked them.

George and I had gone to dinner out in London before coming back to the hotel. We had been snogging when George had grabbed my breasts, causing me to become uncomfortable. The problem was, I wasn't sure why I was uncomfortable. It's not like I haven't been intimate with a man since John. There was Stuart. I had sex with Stuart most of last year, every time he was in Liverpool we consummated our affair. I would never tell George or anyone for that matter about my affair with Stuart. I was baffled as to why I was so weary of making this step with George. We had grown very close since Christmas, telling one another that we loved one another even.

"I'm sorry, George," I breathed out, "I don't know what's wrong with me. I really care for you, I love you, and I," I rambled.

"Darling," George said, "I need to be honest with you. I was just being bold whilst I snogged you. The truth is, I've never gone farther than that, and I thought maybe it could be you."

"You've never had sex?" I questioned him, "What about Hamburg, the European city of sin, the nights in the Reeperbahn?"

George sighed, "I've never talked about this before, Sasha. I don't want you to think I'm weird. I mean last year, John called me a fairy all summer because I wouldn't have any of the prostitutes or strippers.

"I won't think you're weird, George."

"Promise?" He cocked an eyebrow at me and I nodded, "Okay, I think it's supposed to be special. Call me a sissy or whatever, but I wanted my first time to be special. I didn't want it to be like that when I have no clue what I'm doing. And the boys don't understand that. They just, they teased me all summer about it, and I just felt so uncomfortable the whole time we were there."

"George," I touched his face in the dimly lit room, "I think it's sweet that you wanted to wait. You want me to be the one?"

"I want it more than anything. I just love you so much that I want more ways to show you I do."

I grinned at him. I wasn't used to a man being like this. George was such a sweet, beautiful soul. I kissed him lightly on the lips, "George, if you truly think I'm the woman you would like to give yourself too, then I'd be honored, really."

George put his hands on my face, "You're so beautiful. I've fancied you for a long time. I thought you were a good person, and I never thought I would get a chance to love you."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. Our kiss grew deeper again. Soon, our pajamas came off one article at a time. George laid me back, taking in the sight of me. His hands were shaking as they danced over my body. I thought it was cute that he was nervous. I closed my eyes. The feeling of his calloused fingers reminded me of John, I opened my eyes and looked at George to shake that thought from my mind. As he looked into my eyes, I wrapped my legs around his hips. I looked up at him. He closed his eyes as he entered me, he threw his head back, breathing out. I moaned out, the feeling overwhelming me at first. He started to move faster.