Chapter 13 - A Surprise Visit

November 2, 2014

*Jenna's POV*

Lily was now eleven months and was talking. Sometimes she would babble, sometimes she would say mama or dada. I tried to show her a few pictures of Luke every day. I told her that that was dada. She was now pointing to any picture she saw of Luke and saying dada. I thought it was really cute. She would yell mama for me to come to her from her room, too. She knew Aunt Jordyn, since we still lived with her. She couldn't quite say Aunt Jordyn, but she was a really quick learner.

One day, I was sitting at home on the couch with Lily, and my laptop dinged, indicating that I had a Skype call. I clicked accept without looking who it was, and it was Luke. His face popped up on the screen along with Michael's, Calum's, and Ashton's faces in the background. I had Lily on my lap, and I completely froze.

"Hey guys" I managed to say.

"Who's that?" Luke asked.

"This is, um, Jayden's baby" I lied.

"Really? Why do you have her?"

"He was drunk one night, got a girl pregnant, then she had Lily, dumped her off on Jayden since she was a drinker too, then we didn't trust Jayden with a baby, so Jordyn and I took her and are taking care of her." I made up a whole story for them. Michael looked like he sighed of relief in the background.

"Oh, wow... But you're seventeen and taking care of a child?" Luke asked.

"With the help of Jordyn"

"That's right.. I forgot"

"yeah"

Suddenly, Lily looked up, and her eyes met Luke. She reached out to him and said, "dada.."

I turned the sound off, and told Lily, "yeah, sweetie, that's dada, but don't call him dada right now, okay?" She nodded her head, kind of understanding.

I turned the sounds back on, and Luke said, "what was that about?"

"Since she never sees her dad, she calls everyone dada. I feel really bad for her, but I have to explain to her all the time that that isn't dada."

"Aww.. Poor little girl"

"I know.." I felt so bad lying, but I had to.

"So, Jenna, how are you doing?"

"I'm good.. I'm finishing my senior year in school, then I come home with homework, do some and help take care of Lily, then go to work, come back, do more homework, help out with Lily, eat, sleep, repeat... I'm so glad I only have a few days next week and I'm finished with school.."

"Yeah.. That's a pretty hectic schedule. And I didn't know you had a job"

"I just waitress at this little local restaurant"

"It pay well?"

"Yeah, I guess. It pays enough"

"Well, that's good.. Um, Jenna, we need to go, but I'll talk to you later!"

"Okay. Bye guys"

"Bye Jenna. Bye Lily" they all said.

I waved, and so did Lily. I felt so bad for Lily. That was the first time she saw her dada that wasn't a picture, and she was almost a year old!

Jordyn came down the stairs, "who were you talking to?" She asked.

"That was the boys"

"Really!? Did Luke find out about Lily?"

"I told him that she was Jayden's kid." I explained the story to her, and Lily calling him dada.

"Aww.. Lily did you just talk to dada?"

She nodded her head, and I asked her, "do you like dada?" She nodded again, and it was so cute, but I felt so bad.

Suddenly, I got another call. I hit accept, again without checking who it was. I was scared to see who it was, but it was Liz. She looked at me with Lily, and her eyes lit up.

"Jenna, who is this?" She asked.

"This is Lily. She's-"

"Yours and Luke's.."

"What? How'd you know?"

"Jenna, come on.. She looks exactly like my son. How could I not know?"

"I don't know."

"Have you told Luke? I mean, how old is she?"

"Almost one."

"Really!? Honey, you need to tell Luke.."

"Liz, I know, but I don't want to ruin his career. I think that if I tell him, he will want to be with her, and slack off of his band work"

"But it's his daughter were talking about!! You have to tell him"

"I-" I sighed, "I will at the right time"

"Good. Jenna, I also called because Luke has seemed sad since he got home. I think he misses you.."

"He might.. And I mean, I miss him too. He called this afternoon also. I think he does miss me.."

"Did he see Lily?"

"Yeah," I told her what I told Luke and about her calling him dada.

"So you've been showing her pictures of him?"

"Yeah. I show her pictures of the other boys too. I show her you and Andrew along with Jack and Ben, but she doesn't know how to say Grammy, pappy, or uncle yet"

"Yeah.. Well, i liked talking to you again, Jenna. And my lips are sealed. I'll let you tell Luke"

"Thanks Liz"

"You're welcome"

I ended the call, and sat back on the couch, talking to Lily. I talked to her (but really myself) about telling Luke or not. We (I) decided to wait a little. I wanted him to have fun with the band before he knows that he has a daughter.

~

I think this is a little longer.. The next chapter will have another time skip, but then I hope it will stay there for a while without skipping a few months every chapter!! Love you guys!

-Lizzie:)