Chapter 12 - Drive!!

Shehnaz pov.

While staring at his retreating back the only thing I can think was...
Do people like him... Or precisely do men like him exist.

How can you know it , the only man in your life shackled the image of a good man into pieces. My conscience mocked  me.

Or is it me, really , is it me . Did I turn him into what he is today. Is he right. Am I the mistake he made. My mind filled up with all self scrutinising questions .

The period I spent with him before we got married now feels like a dream. He was a person who cared for me, the thing which I craved for,care, he gave me . Even today the entire night he spent dabbing the wet cloth on my forehead when I got high temperature comes back to me in my dreams . Feels like...an eternity ago.

Lagta hai ek dusre janam ki baat ho.

He was not what he was today morning , he didn't even notice me sneezing or did he and chose not to care . Doesn't matter. One and the same thing.

Sometimes I don't believe my memory of the day when he had ran me to the hospital when I had cold and then.... called me and scolded the life out of me at three in the night when I hadn't taken the medicine, the doctor prescribed me.

Was it real. What was that.

I did made a haste decision.
Yes it was me who made it and now it is me who has to do with it. Entire life. Not that difficult though. I did it for three years, doing it, and will do with it my entire life.
.
.
Love dies with time. Respect doesn't.
I should have known.

Or

Was it even love that we shared.

My trail of thoughts were broken by the loud honks of the car, I could hear , telling me the man was here. I quickly ran out to the spot where he sat in the car with the passenger door already open. I looked down at me.....Shit I am all wet, should I sit in it.

Come on it's an expensive Range Rover. What a beauty. Ohh ! I just love cars. If it would have been mine I would have broken the fucking face of the person who would even try to touch it with dirty hands. Let lone sitting in it all wet and muddy. Like me. No never.

I was there taking my own sweet time appreciating the black beauty that I didn't realise him hopping out of the car and walking to me and standing at my back .

" Nice naa. " Came a soft voice near my left ear . Goosebumps rose on my entire body. But I was too dazed to realise.

" Beautiful... " I said dazed in the same soft whispering tone.

" Wanna drive. " Came the voice again. It took some seconds for my brain to register it. I didn't react. Once it did I shrieked.

" Really. " I turned hastily in a quick swift motion making my wet hair fly and brush rather slap against his face.

Fuck. I didn't care. My love for cars can bring me out of a dark pit  . I swear. I even worked in an automobile showroom for this sole reason. Right now driving a car after three long years, not any car..hell !! driving my favorite black Beauty ,  even the thought of it gave me sensations in my stomach .

He blinked rapidly at me.

Control, shehnaz, you sounded like he announced you the winner of the miss world contest. My brain yelled at me.

" Of course. " He smiled and extended the keys to me. My lips broke into a huge grin grabbing the keys into my palm.

I literally ran and hopped into the driver seat. Setting the engine on, it was only then I realised his absense and looked through the windshield to see him transfixed into his spot. I honked to grab his attention , but he didn't budge. I huffed leaned out the the window.

EXTRA MARITAL AFFAIR- RIGHT OR WRONGजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें