Chapter 37- Moments!

Surprise🎉

Wifey❤.
His screen read. She turned and glanced at an unconscious Ranveer and then turned back to face him and then at his mobile screen.

" Hel.. Hello. " He said gulping a lump in his throat.

" Bhai.. It's me. Where are you. Everyone is asking for you. It's almost twelve. " He heard Rithik and sighed.

" Why are you calling from Nisha 's phone. " He hissed.

" Mine is dead. So.." He shrugged.

" I am coming. Just give me few minutes. Handle it. You should know how to."  He said and disconnected.

" Aap car tak drop kar sakte hai. " She asked awkwardly standing in front of him.

" What!! Are you mad!!. It's going to be twelve. You are not leaving alone. " He declared.

" Lekin. " She tried to protest.

" Shehnaz. " He said irritated.

" Ok. " She surrendered. There was a silence. He had to leave but he did not. She wanted to remind him to go but she did not.

They just stood. The firecrackers could be heard in their background.
His eyes fell on the clock. It was ten seconds to twelve. Ten seconds to the new year.

" The person with you at twelve at new years stays with you the entire year. " His mind ringed with a myth a heard but never believed. Today he wanted to.

" 10...9...8..7..6...5..4..3..2..1." They could hear people shouting. He took her face in his hands and pressed his forehead to hers.

" Happy new year!. " He said huskily.

" Apko pata hai.. Nai Saal ki pehli badhai bahut khass hoti hai. Isliye sirf usko deni chahiye joh khass ho. " She remembered her Supriya maa words.

" Happy new year!!! " She whispered back.

" It will take time but I will be back to you. Wait for me. " He said.

" Will you. " He added unsure. She nodded with misty eyes and he placed a quick peck on her forehead and strode away. She touched her forehead and sat on the bed gazing at the closed door.
.
.

He went out to be swarmed by wishes and questions. He chatted with people while glancing his watch in intervals. He had never been so restless in his entire life.

" Rithik. " He called.

" Bhai aap yaha ho. I was searching for you. " He said.

" Kya hua. " He asked cautiously. He couldn't see Nisha at the bar and the floor was empty. It was a dangerous combination.

" Bhabhi was super drunk. She puked her guts out in the washroom before I helped her to your room. She slept. " He said. Sidharth growled in his mind.

" Did anyone see her. " He asked.

" No. " Rithik shrugged. " Bhai don't you think it's too much. Matlab itna drink.. " He said hesitantly.

Sidharth poked his tongue to the corner. " Yaar she doesn't drink much. Usse handle nahi hoti. Thoda sa peeti hai woh bhi chad jati hai. " He lied.

" And I don't stop her. If we have the right to enjoy by drinking then she too has it. Uski marzi. Aur...Parties main toh vese bhi chalta hai. " Rithik nodded smiling at his brother 's thoughts.

The party came to an end by two in the midnight and everyone left including Rithik. Though he stayed with Sidharth but he kept on visiting his maternal place quite frequently.
.
.
He stood at the door holding the knob contemplating. He sighed and turned his back to leave. She must have slept.

" Sidharth. " He heard her voice. He snapped his head back to find her on the door smiling softly.

" You waited. " He mumbled. She lifted her shoulders and smiled and walked in the room calling him in. As he stepped in his eyes fell on the trolley with packed plates and he frowned.

" You didn't eat. " It was a statement with a scolding tinch to it.

" Did you. " It was definitely a statement with complete scolding tone. " I mean I don't like to eat alone.. Will you give me company. " She covered up. He rolled his eyes. She was bad at it.
He nodded not to embarrass her.

" It's cold. " She pouted. " It would be, I sent it for you an hour back. " He took the liberty and scolded.

" So what!!! Tell me where's your kitchen. I will reheat it. " She said twisting her lips. He guided her to the kitchen without an argument.

" Go and change. I will fix food. " She ordered and he followed without an argument. Again .

While climbing the stairs he wondered how he followed her orders. It was weird because he doesn't take orders, he hates when someone tells him , what to do ..but, her orders kind of felt nice.

He ignored Nisha and the mess and freshened up. He went through Nisha wardrobe to find her something but her nighties were not for her. He picked up the most descent one along with a pair of  his T-shirt and pjs and went back to the kitchen to find her making tea.

" Actually, I needed one so... Isliye.. " She hesitated.

" Haww. That's so wrong. How can you do this. " He said seriously.

" I am really sorry. Main..". She Panicked.

" Ab sorry ka kya. You made one. What will I drink. " He said.

" Huh. " She chuckled. " I made two. Mujhe laga hi tha. " She said while straining the tea into a kettle in the tray with two cups while two served plates were already at the table.

" Change. " He offered both. " Whatever you are comfortable with." He cleared. She nodded and went to the washroom.

She looked at the revealing nighty and then at the T-shirt. She could faintly smell him in it. She smiled and pulled it on with the pjs and walked out with heavy steps. He looked up at her and stilled. She looked cute and sexy at the same time.

Is it even possible. He wondered. She cleared her throat not able to bear his intense gaze. He looked away embarassed while she blushed and sat beside him.

Both of them ate smiling at the beautiful and peaceful silence.

___________

Hii readers..

The thirty seventh chapter is here. Hope you Love it❤ . 🥺

ISLIYE...

Please please vote and comment. 😁
( kya jata hai. Button hi toh dabana h aur comment nahi karoge toh maza kaise aayega. I enjoy reading them. See I reply too.)

PLZZ PLZZ do follow me.

Don't say.. It's small. It's 1000+.

Love you❤
A lot of love...

Hugs and kisses.

Your.
Ruhanika