≪•◦ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾 ◦•≫

You immediately dashed forth towards Hanako while attacking continuously and him dodging every single time.

As you almost thought you caught him, you suddenly saw his expression turn to one of confusion to one of shock.

"Hey aren't you...

...the last survivor of the (L/N) clan?"

As you heard him say this, you suddenly felt a throbing pain inside your chest causing you to stop attacking Hanako.

"(Y/N)!? What are you doing?" Kou asked while you didn't even hear him and you continued staring at Hanako as if you were looking for something.

Something to ease yourself.

Something to make the pain ease away.

Something to tell you that it wasn't your fault.

"(Y/N)!" You suddenly snap out of your thoughts as you heard Kou scream out your name.

You looked over to Kou whose arms were embraced around you.

"(Y/N) are you alright!?" Nene asked and you gently nodded your head in reply.

"Teru asked you to exorcise Hanako didn't he?" You heard Kou ask with slight anger in his voice.

"H-how did you know?"

"I felt something off when he just let me off the hook that easily the other day."

"I'm sorry..." you mumbled quietly as you realised what you were doing. A part of you knew that you weren't whole heartedly doing this for Kou.

You were doing this for yourself.

To ease yourself from everything that happened years ago.

You could've saved them if you were stronger. And now you are. And yet you still feel...

...weak.

You suddenly felt a pair of arms get wrapped around you snapping you out of your thoughts.

"Dont be sorry. If anything, I feel safe that there are people worrying about me from behind." Kou said as you didn't even notice the tears that were threatening to pour down from your eyes.

"It makes me feel that if I ever fall down, there will always be someone to help me up if I need it. But right now, I want to be the one to help a friend up because he needs me. I want to help him (Y/N)."

'Im proud of you Kou. I let my emotions get the best of me. Even if you knew that we we're against the thought of you making friends with a supernatural, you still stood by what you thought was right' you thought to yourself as you gently returned Kou's hug.

"Promise me you'll tell me if you need any help alright?" You said gently smiling at him.

"Ohoho~ Who do we have here? A new friend? Or probably something more?" Hanako said with a little smirk.

You quickly turned your head towards Hanako ang gave him a glare as you could see Kou giving of a confused face.

"Eh?"