thirteen

// not edited, excuse any mistakes, thanks ily //

there's some 'drinking' in this chapter, so just excuse it if you're uncomfortable reading that kind of stuff

Laura

Rain. Raindrops falling on the window sills. It makes some people depressed, some people happy. The way the water trickles down from the coulds as if it's falling from a showerhead.

Blissful.

We've been in New York for about 2 days. It's raining outside, so I'm just sitting in my hotel room writing lyrics down as should be Ross and Ellington.

I, of course. get my own room since I'm the only girl.

I looked out the window and saw people walking on the rain soaked streets, some enjoying it, some just walking faster so they could be out of the dreaded rainfall sooner rather than later.

Then I hear a knock at my door. I set my book down and walk over to see Ellington standing there with a goofy grin on his face. I rolled my eyes.

"What?" I asked, nicely. "We got pizza!!!" he said happily. I rolled my eyes playfully. "That's great," I said about to close my door, but Ellington stopped me. "Come eat with us Laura, then we can hear what you've come up with!" Ellington said, looking at me in anticipation.

"I'm okay, really, I want to write some more," I said and Ellington looked down. "Laura you've barely hung out with us at all yet, I'm forcing you to come, you don't have a choice," Ellington said, grabbing my hand and pulling me into their room.

He's lucky I have my room key in my pocket, otherwise...

"Ross! Look who I found," Ellington said. Ross looked up and smiled and then looked back at his guitar. Okay, nice to see you too buddy.

I was really trying to, I don't know, make peace with Ross this trip, but he's making it hard. I mean, he's not being rude, but he's just not really talking, just fiddling with his guitar the whole time.

"Ross, I also have pizza," Ellington said and gave him two pieces and Ross muttered a 'thanks man' before going back to his guitar.

"Here Laura," Ellington said, giving me a piece. "Thanks Ellington, you really didn't need to give me any," I said, sitting on a chair and eating the pizza. "I have to take care of our songwriter!" Ellington said and I laughed at him.

"So, what have you guys wrote so far," I asked and Ellington looked over at Ross. "Ask him, he's been really into it," Ellington explained. I nodded and looked over at Ross. "Hey musical genius, watcha got?" I asked and Ross looked up and laughed sarcastically.

"Some cool melodies and some sweet lyrics," Ross said before putting his guitar down and eating. "He speaks!" Ellington gasped as if he'd never heard Ross talk before. Ross laughed and I just shook my head. "What about you?" Ross asked, nodding his head at me. "Well, I mean, I've been writing since about 7:30 this morning, so I've got a lot of stuff," I said proudly. Ross dropped his jaw and Ellington just turned his head in shock.

"You've been writing for like 12 hours? Laura, that's insane. How can you stay so focused?" Ellington asked, gawking at my ability to write for so long. "It just comes naturally I guess," I shrugged. They both laughed and then silence filled over, but I soon filled it.

"I should go back, thanks so much for the pizza, it was really good," I said smiling and Ellington laughed. "No problem Laura," he replied.

I stepped into the hallway and then got room key out to open my door. Once it was unlocked I stepped inside and got out some alcohol. I'm legal enough, so it's not like it's a problem. I was writing a little more when there was yet another knock at my door.

I groaned and got up and walked towards the door and opened it to reveal a tall blondie with a beanie on, arms folded across his chest, and wearing a smirk. "Can I help you?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "I want to see your stuff," he replied, walking in.

"Uhm, come in?" I said, half laughing. I turned around to see him drinking my breezer. "Hey! I'm older than you!" I yelled. "Yeah! By a month!" he yelled and I rolled my eyes. "Get your own," I said pointing to my mini fridge and he jumped up and grabbed went straight to the fridge and grabbed one.

I rolled my eyes and we started talking about the songs we were writing.

And one drink turned into a few...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ross and I weren't drunk, if you can believe it, we were mature enough to not go too far, and for some reason, it feels like high school all over again.

It was fun, I was genuinely having fun.

Until he popped the question.

"What happened to us?"

~~~~~~~

a/n; i love you guys so much k bye

instagram ; @r5wbu @pianoauslly