nine

// chapter edited //

Ross

I walked over to the door to see if Laura was still there and instead I saw her hugging Riker.

"Oh, uhm hi Ross," Riker stammered. I rolled my eyes. So much for that. I stormed past them and walked out of the house.

Clearly, she has other plans, like getting it on with Riker.

"Ross, wait!" I heard Riker yell. I turned around and saw Riker standing there. "Look Ross, I was just giving her a comforting hug. She really needs a friend right now, and clearly that's not you," Riker stated. I scoff. "Yeah right, I know you like her, you always did, since you first laid eyes on her," I said sternly, and truthfully.

"Ross, that's not the point," Riker tried to say. "Yes it is! You're trying to get it on with her right in front of me because you know it'll make me mad!" I yelled and immidiately realized what I had said.

I basically just admitted that I may still have feelings for Laura right in front of my brother.

"Ross..." Riker trailed off in disbelif. "I didn't know," he continued. I shake my head. "Whatever Riker," I said rudely. "Ross, you're dating a freakin superstar, why haven't you moved on from Laura," Riker said more quietly.

"You know what Riker, you know exactly why I'm dating Rose, and it's for publicity. I can't make myself love her no matter how hard I try, and then there's her," I said, referring to Laura. Riker sighed. "Ross it's been three years," he reasoned.

"I know it's been three damn years, and I've tried everything, I just can't find someone to replce her," I sighed, sitting on the sidewalk outside of my house. "Dude, let it go, it's time to move on," Riker said, sitting beside me. "I can't, but she doesn't need to know that. For all she knows, I'm in a happy relationship, and that's all she needs to know," I said, getiing up and walking back into the house.

(a/n- wanna know a little secret? laura, well she may of heard all of that.. ;) }

I walked back into the house and saw Laura sitting on the couch on her phone, her hands were kind of shaking a little.

She looked up and saw me, and her cheeks tinted pink a little. I frowned and walked up the stairs to my room, wondering what that was all about.

I then heard conversation downstairs, and it sounded oddly like Riker and Laura.

There is no way I'm letting him date her, there's absolutely no way. I walked to the top of the stairs and saw Riker sitting very close to Laura, too close for my liking.

"Hey Guys!" I yelled, walking down stairs and Riker glared at me, while Laura looked at me weirdly. "What's going on?" I asked, smiling widely. "Ross, get out of here," Riker warned, and I shrugged and walked into the kitchen and listened to the conversation from there.

"Laura, look I wanted to tell you that for the longest time, I've liked you, and I really want to know if you want to try and give me a chance,"

"Riker, I don't know what to say, but you're so much older and I just don't think it's a good idea, for us to date. With all the drama it would most likely cause, and I don't know if I can handle a relationship right now,"

Yes! Yes! She declined his offer! I walked back into the living room and Riker looked crushed. Laura looked sad too like as if she would have dated him, but she couldn't take the pressure of a relationship. Laura stood up and walked over to the door. She looked at me and slightly glared. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What did I do now?" I asked, smirking a little. She shook her head.

"You've done enough to me Ross, just stay away," Laura said, tears slipping out of her eyelids. She went to grab the doorknob and her sleeve slightly lifted up a bit, and I saw deep red marks on her wrist.

"What's that?" I asked, my voice shaking a little. "I fell down the stairs," she stammered quickly. I shook my head. "I don't think so," I said pulling her wrist right in front of my face. "Ross! Let go!" she squealed.

"Not until you explain to me what this is," I said, raising my voice. "It's not like you care!" she yelled at me, causing me to flinch. She ripped her hand out of my face and slapped me. I instantly raised my hand up to my face, feeling the now reddening spot on my cheek.

"Laura, I never said I didn't care!" I yelled. My heart hurts for her.

"If you cared, then these scars wouldn't be here," she said before exiting the house, starting her car, and driving away.

~~~~~~~~~~

bam, right in the feels (:

vote and comment (:

also, thank you all so much, These Four Walls has over 18,000 reads! I'm literally freaking out, i've never been more proud of something.

you guys make me so happy, and I'm so grateful to have fans of the series.

one day I want to become an author, and if I do, i'll never forget you wall, because you guys are the reasons why I do this, so thank you a million times to the moon and back, I owe you all my best talent, which is writing, so I hope I'm doing you justice like you're doing me justice.

much love,

haileexoxo