the entrance exam

Start from the beginning

mr. hawks laughs and asks,
"did you get lost?"

"y-yeah sorry" i say nervously and look down.

i look back up when principal nezu says,
"so you must be mr. parker" he smiles at me. i nod and shake his hand.

he then tells me about the entrance exam and what i'm going to have to do for it. (a/n hes taking the same entrance exam that everyone else took) it didn't seem too hard.

~time skip~

i was right. this isn't that hard. i no doubt passed the written exam, it was pretty easy. right now i am currently surrounded by a bunch of giant robots. they're easy to destroy.

"karen how many points do i have now?" i ask karen excitedly

karen replies and says,
"you have 75 points"

"great! i passed!"

i take out the robots around me and look up at the timer. there's 4 minutes left. i take out some two pointers and a couple one pointers. all of a sudden the ground starts to shake a little and i see a ginormous zero pointer. it seems pointless to destroy since it's not worth any points but it starts destroy buildings. for a moment i forgot that this was an exam and thought that there could be people in the buildings. i start swinging towards the zero pointer.

i land on the ground next to it when i got an idea. i start webbing it to the ground. it tries to come at me but the most it can move is a couple inches. eventually it's completely stuck so i take this as a chance to climb up the back of the robot. i find a weak spot on the back and start punching into it. using my strength i move the metal out of my way and i see all the wiring. i start working and i pull out all of the important wires and the robot stops moving. i swing off the robot when i hear the loud beeping noise. the exam is over.

i bring my mask down when i see principle nezu on mr. hawks's wings flying towards me. nezu jumps off his back as they get closer to the ground.

"well done peter. you passed both the written exam and the practical exam. 100% on both!" principal nezu says as he smiles at me.

"you were great peter! you took out like a hundred of those things in only 10 minutes!" mr. hawks happily says

"thanks guys" i say as i rub the back of my neck.

"well since you passed both exams with flying colors you should be able to join class 1 a tomorrow." nezu tells me

"awesome!" i'm excited. not only to train as a hero but i'm excited to see what kind of powers everyone in my class will have.

"before you go though, i would like to talk to you privately." principal nezu says

"oh uh okay" i say and follow principal nezu back inside the school and into his office.

he sits down at his desk and i sit in the chair in front if his desk.

"so i would just like to ask you a few questions. first question is, why did you come to japan? to go to u.a. or because of something else?" he asks.

"uh well i-i've always dreamed of going to u.a. but i wasn't able to come to japan in time for the entrance exam."
it wasn't a good response but it was the best i could come up with.

"okay. and how do you know hawks?"

"we met a week ago in tokyo. we started talking and when he found out i didn't have a place to stay he offered for me to stay at his house." i tell him. that one wasn't a lie.

he nods and continues asking questions. he asks questions like where are you from and questions about my family. he asked a couple other ones too.

then he said,
"okay mr. parker. this is the last question and the most important one. why do you want to become a hero?"

i pause for a second and think about how to word this.

"with great power comes great responsibility. that's what my uncle taught me. i know that there are bad people out there and...and when you can do the things that i can but you don't, and then the bad things happen, they happen because of you." i remember that's what i told to mr. stark the first time we met.

".. that's a very good answer mr. parker. your uncle taught you right" nezu said

"yeah.. yeah he did" i quietly whispered.

"okay well you're free to go mr. parker."

i said goodbye and left to go find mr. hawks.