peter and two all might fanboys

peter's p.o.v.

"so you guys want to do a work study with sir nighteye?" mirio asks
(in english because midoryia told him about peter not speaking japanese)

"yep! sir nighteye worked with all might right? and i'm gonna be just like him!" midoryia says.

he reminds me of me and mr. stark. i've always wanted to be like mr. stark. mr. stark is one of the main reasons that i got into technology and science. i look up to him not only because he's a superhero or a billionaire, but because he has a kind heart and is always wanting to help people. i miss him. so much.

i'm brought back to the conversation when midoryia lightly claps my back and says,
"peter and i would like to study under sir night eye so that we can both become one step closer to being pro-heroes!"
he speaks with so much confidence and strength. i want to be like that. with this internship i'm hoping to become stronger so i can make mr. stark proud!!

~time skip~

we walk up the steps to the nighteye agency. im nervous but at the same time excited. with this opportunity i can be stronger and defeat thanos when i get back!

"by the way guys, sir nighteye may seem serious and all but if you really want him to like you, you should introduce yourself with a joke!" mirio tells us

a joke?

"w-wait what?" i ask. i'm not funny! the only jokes i know are science puns! there's no way that i can make sir nighteye laugh with those!

i start to freak out because if i can't make him laugh then he isn't going to like me!!

before i can come up with a joke mirio opens the door and midoriya introduces himself with an... all
might impression...?"

"i am here! izuku midoryia!"

"and i'm peter-man! n-no i mean s-spider parker. fuck- i mean peter parker, s-sir." i just (unintentionally) embarrassed myself so badly.

i look over and mirio is looking down shaking his head but he does give a small chuckle. he then goes and walks over to some blue girl.

i look at sir nighteye. he's standing in front of us looking slightly amused but also pissed off at the same time.

"what are you doing with your face? is this a joke to you?" he asked. he's definitely pissed off.

"n-no sir" midoriya says clearly nervous.

"you seriously attempted this pathetic impression of all might in front of all nights former sidekick?"
he says as he steps closer.

"all mights wrinkles aren't like this at all." he grabs midoriyas face and points at the wrinkles that are apparently the wrong length?

i finally look around us and notice that his whole office is filled with all might merchandise. there's posters and cardboard cut outs. man, he really is obsessed with all might.

"i don't care for this. you can see yourself out" sir nighteye says.

what? we-we can't do our work study here? how are we gonna...

midoryia cuts off my thoughts.

"the vinegar river incident. are you not aware of it? it was a middle school boy who could change the properties of water and he was drowning in a river. all might stepped in and saved him."

"where is this going-" sir nighteye starts

"afterwards his face looked different. that smile and narrowed eyes. that was the look i chose to impersonate earlier!"

wow they really are fanboys.

"i know about the incident. now i
see. you were testing me, weren't you?" sir nighteye says

"w-what? no! i- i just never really get a chance to geek out about him and you obviously like him so.."

they then start to talk about but incident and other all might related things. i just stood there awkwardly.

eventually we sit down and talk about the internship.

"so you guys want to do your work study here because you think it will make you stronger?"

"yes sir." me and midoriya say in unison.

"well we will have to draw up a contract."

"o-oh i brought one its-" i start to say

"and you will not interrupt me when i'm talking." nighteye says

"oh sorry." i quickly say and bring out the contract for both me and midoriya.

"this will be nothing like your weeklong internships you've done before. you will work here for a minimum of four months and you will be paid wages. you will be absent from school a lot so your classmates might pull ahead of you."

that won't be a problem for me. i've had loads of absences in high school and i'm still at the top of my class! or...at least was...before the..

"i understand that but i'll never be number one if i worry about what everyone else is doing." midoryia says.

sir nighteye raises his stamp and for a second i think he's going to stamp the paper but my spider senses go off. he isn't going to. like i said before, my spidey senses have been on very high alert lately. any abnormal movement somebody makes, my spidey senses warn me about.
sir nighteye stamps the table instead.

"i think you missed the paper sir..." midoryia says

"because i'm not approving this." nighteye says.

"what?"

nighteye starts stamping the table over and over again.
"i understand how taking this internship will be beneficial to you, but how will it be beneficial to my agency? this office runs smoothly already. so why would i add you guys on? how can you contribute to society? how can you be useful to others? in order to be acknowledged you have to be able to answer those questions unequivocally."

"you're right sir. i need to find out how i can benefit your agency. i need to find out a lot of things. but something i've already figure out is that i have a great power. a power that can help people. a power that can save people! with great power comes great responsibility. i am not going to let this power go to waste." i yell and hold back tears. i soften my voice and say, "i'm not sure how i can benefit your agency, but i'm sure as hell that with my power i can benefit society and so can midoryia."

it's silent for a little bit but then sir nighteye stands up.
"it's time you guys show me what you can bring to the table. you have 3 minutes to try and steal the stamp from me."

"wait what?" midoryia says.

"i'm giving you guys a chance." nighteye points to mirio and the blue girl, "you two. go wait outside."

mirio and the girl leave the room. nighteye looks back at us.
"i won't take any offensive measures. you guys can attack me however you want to."

me and midoryia look at eachother and nod. we both get into a fighting stance.

"and time begins...now!"