work studies

a/n
sorry for the r e a l l y  s l o w
updated. i lack ✨motivation✨ i'll try to post more though! :]
——————————————————
peter's p.o.v.

i'm fine. i totally fine. i take a few breaths to calm myself down. i give a weak smile to sero and then look forward at mr. aizawa who is staring at me.

"parker," he says. "you okay?"

"yeah i'm all good."

"okay well let's get started."

he starts talking about the work studies that will be starting soon. he then goes in to talk about the opportunities this gives us as young heroes and i start to zone out. 

what hero could i go to for my work study? i feel like going to mr. hawks for this is kind of cheating. i don't think it's really fair. i think about other heroes like kamui woods and miruko. maybe mount lady? no they're too popular and big. they wouldn't recognize me. i'm not THAT talented. and besides i've already had some hero training i don't want to take away from other people.

soon enough the bell rings and mr. aizawa is climbing into a yellow sleeping bag. i laugh a little at that.

midoryia comes up to me.

"so, who do you think you'll go to?" he asks me.

"i dunno. i just got here so i don't think any heroes will be willing to take me. you have a good chance though. i saw the clips of you at the sports festival and you've obviously improved since then! you could probably do your work study with someone within the top 10 if you wanted to!" i say

"heh t-thanks. maybe the two of us could do our work studies together so that you have an equal chance with the rest of us. it's not really fair to you cuz you weren't in the sports festival so no heroes are gonna know you." he says to me.

"you wanna do it together?" i ask. it's kind of unusual for people at school to be this nice to me. they usually ignore me...

"yeah!" he says with a smile.

"okay well who were you thinking about going to?"

"well last time i did mine with gran torino. i'll ask him if we could do our work studies with him!"

"gran torino? he's an older hero isn't he? i haven't seen much about him." i ask.

"yeah i know him through all might." midoryia says.

"cool!"

we start to talk about other heroes when all might comes and asks to speak with me.

"oh um sure" i get up at give a wave to midoryia. i follow all might to an empty teachers lounge.

"mr. parker." he says with a smile. "as you know you will have to do work studies soon. since you don't have a fair chance at getting picked by a pro, we gave out footage of you taking out the robots from your entrance exam to some pro heroes. you've got some heroes asking for ou to train with them."

"w-what? really? that's crazy."

he smiles and hands me some papers with names of pro heroes who want me to do my work study with them. i skim through the names on the list and one catches my eye. sir night eye. my spidey sense goes off. does this mean something? should i go to the night eye agency?

"uh it might be too early but i think i know who i wanna go to." i say to all might.

"oh? who?" he questions.

"sir night eye. somethings telling me to go to him." i mumble the last part.

"oh well uh bring this up with mr. aizawa. he'll set you up and tell you what you need to know. i look forward to teaching you young parker." he gets up and leaves the room.

did i do something wrong? why'd he walk off like that? weird...

anyways i leave the teachers lounge and head for midoryia. he was on the phone with i'm guessing gran torino. after he hangs up i walk over to him.

"hey!" i say.

"hey. gran torino says he cant. stuff uh happened last work study so..."

"oh well that's okay" i say. i was about to tell him about my work study stuff but then he said,
"but he did tell me someone. their name is sir night eye."

"really well..." i tell him what happened with all might and that i would do my work study with sir night eye.

"well this turned out good." he says and we laugh.

me and midoryia then go to mr. aizawa and talk with him about our internships. he set everything up for us and told us to talk to a boy named mirio. he's a third year and apparently he's done hero training with sir nighteye before.

when we were finishing up our talk with aizawa, aizawa said. "parker stay here i need to talk to you. midoryia you can leave."

"okay. i'll wait outside outside." midoryia says and then leaves the classroom.

"um so what's up mr. aizawa" i ask kind of nervously. i don't want to talk about yesterday it's embarrassing...

i sit down in a chair and mr. aizawa says, "the students at u.a. have dorm rooms. i need to ask you and your guardian for permission for you to move into the dorms." then he starts talking about how the dorms are for the students safety.

"oh uh i'm okay with living in the dorms. do i have to give mr. hawks something to sign or...?" i say.

"i just have to call him and ask. i just needed your answer first."

he then calls mr. hawks who gives permission for me to live in the dorm rooms and mr. aizawa says,
"great so we'll set up your dorm right now. after your talk with mirio go back to your place and grab any belongings you want to bring with you."

"okay." i was about to leave but then mr. aizawa says,
"do you...want to talk about what happened yesterday?"

shit. i knew he would ask.

"o-oh no i'm good! i'm okay now, sir. you don't have to worry." i stood up and rushed out of the classroom.
"see you later mr. aizawa"

i left and i saw midoryia standing outside the classroom talking with a girl i think named.... ururaka!

"oh uh hi!" i say to her. i also give a small hi to midoryia.

"hey parker. what did mr. aizawa want?" midoryia asks.

i tell him but i leave out the part about yesterday

"you're gonna move into the dorms with us? that's great!" midoryia says

"yeah! oh and by the way you can just call me peter." i tell him shyly

"okay peter. oh! this is ururaka by the way! i don't know if you guys have talked before or not"

"it's nice to meet you peter" she says to me

"it's uh nice to meet you too" i say and give her a smile

we start a small conversation but then midoryia says,
"well we should go find mirio now. bye see you later!"

he waves goodbye to ururaka and we start walking to go to find mirio.

i feel like i'm starting to fit in a little here. i mean everyone here has powers like me, and everybody treats me with kindness...well almost everybody. that bakugou kid is kind of mean. but he did tell the class about my sensitive hearing and that was kind of him.

i'm pulled out of my thoughts when midoriya says,
"mirio! we finally found you! we need to ask you about something..."