16. Truth

AUTHORS POV

Ariel looked at Alexander with much interest. Not because he was attractive but because he was telling her the past she had forgotten. She had cleared to him that she doesn't love him and can't gurantee to love him after knowing everything. But deep down in her heart the small bundle of feelings was still there, without her knowing. Her heart was his and she didn't have a slight idea of it. The previous betrayal had forced her to build walls around her heart. And she did not wish to let anyone in. Not even Alexander. But she wanted to know what had forced her to forget everything.

"We had fallen for each other in a short span of time. It all happened so fast. But fate had other plans for us. We were separated. You were taken away from me. Snatched from me,Ariel. Before I could get to you, they had sent you away from me and also erased all your memories. They thought that I have brainwashed you and that our love was a threat to the village which was an Absolute lie. Whatever we had was mutual. It was pure love and care that involved no selfish desires. But they couldn't understand. They were even heartless than me. They forced me to destroy each and every thing in this town. I ruined everything. Everything that took you away from me. I destroyed them."

Alexander's voice rose in anger as he remembered how his little love was taken from him. He remembered killing each and every villager with his own hands and destroying the whole town in just a night. Still his anger wasnt satisfied. If he could, he would like to kill them again and more painfully than last time. Those stupid humans were the reason his Ariel was not remembering him and even denied to love him. It was killing him to see his love so distant to him. He wanted her wrap her small fragile arms around him and never let go of him. He wanted every fucking moment of love that he had missed with her.

He was facing the balcony so that Ariel didn't see his clenched jaw and eyes which were now changing colors because his beast wanted to take over. His beast wanted to embrace his mate and take her away from this cruel world which had denied him the love he deserved. The love he craved for and the love which was rightfully his was snatched away from him. Her grandma had escaped though. How he wished to kill the old scum with his hands even if she was Ariel's grandma.

Ariel on the other hand was confused. Who were they? And why did they separate her from Alexander? And why will their love be a threat? Alexander had ruined them. He had destroyed them. Does it mean he killed them? She gasped at her own thoughts. He looked poweful and indeed had much more things hidden than what he was currently  showing to the world. If he really killed them then that means he is a killer. What is he?

Questions flooded her mind. She was more confused than before.

She could understand from his tensed form and clenched form that he was really angry though he was not looking at her direction. What is it that is making him so angry?

"Alexander?" She slowly called getting up from the bed and coming to stand behind him. She kept a hand on his tensed shoulders and he instantly relaxed which didn't go unnoticed by her either.

He slowy turned around to face her. She gasped at his changed eye colour. The blue was almost lost now and a pair of pitch black eyes with a ring of red around the Iris stared back at her with sadness, pain and anger.

"A-Alexander...your eyes.."she whispered. She was suddenly scared of him. Though her heart knew he would'nt hurt her ever.
Taking a step back from him in fear, she tried to convince herself that maybe she was hallucinating and it wasn't true. But she realised it wasn't hallucination when he took a step closer to her.

"W-What are you?" She asked him in disbelief.

He didn't answer her and just stared at her frightened form. He knew that one day she will come to know about it. And it was scaring him to know her reaction.

"Tell me Alexander! What are you?" She raised her voice at him though her fear was still evident on her face and in her voice.

"I am The Beast."

___________________________________

       C.L.I.F.F.H.A.N.G.E.R