9. Believing

ARIEL'S POV

I Walked besides Daniel as he took me upstairs to his room. I could hear shuffling from the other rooms and I knew that everyone was back. But I don't want to face them.

Daniel opened the door of his room with the card and we entered in.

He sat on the bed and gestured me to come to him. I went closer to him to sit beside him but he pulled me and me sit on his lap.
"Daniel!" I squealed. He chuckled and wrapped his hands around my waist. He gave a quick peck on my lips before kissing my cheeks and then jawline. I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I am sorry for yesterday baby. I don't know why I couldn't trust you. I am so sorry." He said looking at me. I smiled at him and caressed his cheeks with my thumb.

"I know. Its okay. You are  forgiven." I said before kissing him.

The kiss became a heated one as Daniel started kissing and sucking on my neck. I moaned in delight as he bit my neck.
"Dan...." I said gripping his hairs tightly making him groan.

Just as things started escalating there was a loud knock on the door. We both groaned at the same time.

"I'll see it." He said with a look of annoyance on his face. I brought the blanket upto my chin to hide my nakedness.

I saw him open the door and tense. Who was it? I couldn't see who it was on the other side from where I sat.

Nothing was heard but Daniel closed the door and stood in the same position for a few seconds before turning to me.
He looked tensed and worried.

"Who was it?" I asked him. He walked towards me and shook his head looking down.

He sat on the bed but a little away from me. What happened to his mood suddenly?

"I wanted to tell you something really important." He said looking away from me.

Oh yeah he said he saw some
Thing. I completely forgot about it. I moved closer to him and wrapped my hands around his waist from behind. I rested my head on his back.

"What did you saw Daniel?" I asked him.

He sighed.

"You won't believe me Ariel. No one did." He said holding his head in his hand.

I caressed his back.
"No one believed me yesterday. But see today you believe me. Same way I will believe you." I said kissing the back of his neck.

He turned to look at me. His eyes held fear and worry both.

"Okay. It happened so that today everybody went to collect some more facts and evidences across the town. I was told to go with Camilla. We walked around collecting facts. And surprisingly we found a footprint. Not just any footprint a huge animalistic footprint. It was not of some wolf or something. It was similar to a man's but it was enormous. And it had claws. More importantly it was fresh on the mud. That means it was of the beast from last night.

I followed them to see that it stopped near our lodge. Moreover it also has prints of it going back to the forest. That means you really saw it. You really saw the beast." He said with fear in his eyes and his voice. He was shaking. I held his hands to comfort him.

"Daniel.....its okay. Did you tell the others?" I asked him.

"Before all this happened. I was standing a little closer to the woods. Camilla was busy on a phone call and so I stood waiting near the forest boundary. I heard a sound of cracking and a painful whimper. I walked in its direction and peeped inside the forest to see that.....Joshua....he...he was..he turned into a wolf." He trailed off as he started crying. He was still shaking in fear. I was more than shocked to listen what he said. Joshua a wolf? But how can that happen?