10. Running

ARIEL'S POV

I groaned as the irritating sound of my alarm started to ring. I didn't open my eyes but stretched my hand on the bedside table to find my phone. A lot of struggling later, I found it. I opened my eyes to off the alarm. After that I turned around to see Daniel sleeping peacefully as he cuddled me. I couldn't help but smile at him. He looked so calm when he was asleep. Yesterday when he told me about the werewolf thing, he was so scared. But today we will leave this place and never come back. I don't want to come to this place ever again.

I woke up carefully trying not to wake Daniel. I went to the bathroom first for my morning buissness. After a quick shower I came out of with a towel wrapped around me.

I went to Daniel and shook him.

"Wake up Dan. We have a flight to catch." I said.

He grunted before half opening his eyes. I chuckled at him.

"Good morning." His voice came out groggy as he was still in sleep.

"Morning. Now come on have a nice shower so that all sleep goes away. Remember we have to leave in 30 minutes." I said.

He went to the bathroom after that.

I wore my outfit for today.

I tied my hair in a ponytail and a few strands fell on my face

I tied my hair in a ponytail and a few strands fell on my face. Daniel came out after that and got ready.

After we both were ready we walked downstairs with our bags. We didn't want any help from the hotel staff. Don't know what creatures they were.

The taxi that we had booked for taking us to the airport was already waiting for us. The driver introduced himself before loading our things in the trunk.

It was dark outside considering it was only 5:30 am. There was a very creepy uncomfortable silence in the air. The air was chilly and it was not the normal one. This air caused goosebumps of nervousness to form on my body. My chest felt tight suddenly. Something was not good. Something was definetly going to happen.

We sat in the car and started our journey. The car started moving through the deserted roads of death valley. I glanced at Daniel who was equally tensed. Even he had the feeling of something wrong.

We were going to take half an hour to just exit from this town. It was again a long journey to the airport.

My eyes began closing as sleep started taking over. I felt Daniel hold my hand. I smiled inwardly at his gesture.

It must have past a few minutes when the car suddenly came to a halt with a jerk. I opened my eyes at the sudden movement. We were still inside the town borders. I glanced at Daniel who was looking straight at the road with his mouth wide open. I followed his gaze to look at what was in front.

I gasped in horror as I took in the scene in front of me.

Many wolves like 100's of wolves stood in front of the car blocking our way. It felt like they were here only with the purpose to stop us. But why?

Are they normal wolves or werewolves? O,my god! No. This cant happen to us. We need to get out of here.

I looked at the driver who was sweating badly. I shook him to gain his attention. He looked at me with a snap.

"Lets go by some other way. Turn around." I said.

He nodded as he took a fast
U-turn jerking us to the side. As he drove fast through the empty roads in the dark. He again stopped but this time not because of wolves but because of humans. Or were they something else?

Many snow like white humans stood in front of us like a chain. But there eyes were red. Bloodshot red and they had fangs descending their mouth. They were vampires. This place has both werewolves and vampires. Holy shit!

"What do we do now?" I asked in panic. Daniel shook me to look at him. He was looking outside his left window. I took a look outside and saw...Elf's?
How can this be possible? Aren't they fictional?

On my right we heard a noise and so we turned around to see huge beastly creatures now coming towards us with heavy footsteps. I let out a scream realising that we had now been trapped between all sorts of dark creatures around us.

"What the fuck is happening?" The driver yelled punching the stirring wheel. I looked at Daniel who was shit scared right now.

He started open his window.
"Daniel what are you doing? Close it!" I yelled.

"Shut up! I know what I am doing." He yelled at me.

He took his head out of the window. I covered my mouth with my palm. I realised that a few tears had started falling from my eyes as I tasted salt in my mouth.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT FROM US? WE ARE LEAVING THIS PLACE SO WHY AREN'T YOU LETTING US GO?"

I heard him ask the creatures. Are they even able to speak?

One of the vampires came forward.

I pulled Daniel away from the window. The vampire stood in front of the hood.

"WE WANT HER." He said with a finger pointed at our direction.

I frowned not knowing what he was saying. But the look Daniel and the driver gave me was enough to know that they want me. Me?! But why me? I don't even know them.

Daniel looked at me with a frown and then again at the vampire.

"Why do you want her?" He asked.

I hope he is not trying to give me to them....

"Thats none of your buissness. If you want to leave this place alive then give her to us. Or the vultures flying above will have you as their breakfast." He said in a commanding voice. They are really serious.

But why do they want me? What have I ever done to always be the centre of attention for all the problems.

Daniel looked at me with a very strange emotion. The look he had was not understandable. I couldn't tell what was on his mind. It was then covered by a look of guilt. No. This can't be.....

"I am sorry Ariel but I want to live."
Is all he said before opening the door behind me and pushing me out. I fell on the road with a thud. My elbow got hurt with the sudden collision with the ground. I looked at Daniel who gave me a look of sympathy. I tried standing up.
"Daniel no,please. You love me Dan how can you do this?" I said as I started crying harder. I tried to reach in the car but he slammed the door shut and yelled at the driver who sped off not caring about me once. The vampires gave them way to pass and I stared at the slowly dissapearing car laying limp on the ground. I was surrounded by dark creatures from all the sides and I was all alone. Even the man I loved left me here. He left me alone and saved himself. How can he just leave me here in the hands of dark creatures to die? Did he never love me? How could I never see his real side? He is a selfish sick bastard.

I looked at the vampires and beastly creatures approaching me. They were ready to kill me but I wasn't going to die. And I did the one thing that  we all are  supposed to do in this situation. I ran.

I started running into the woods not caring about where I was going. I just wanted to get out of here. I ran through the thick forest cutting my skin here and there.

I looked back after a few minutes to notice that I was deep in the forest and I was alone. They were not following me. But why aren't they? They wanted me so they should come behind me but they aren't. Is this a trap? Are they trapping me?

I was thinking all this while running and my eyes were still looking behind me so I didn't realise when I collided with a hard wall and fell directly on my butt.

Stupid wall! I cursed rubbing my butt.

But why is a wall in a forest? I gulped as I looked up to see that it was not a wall but a man. An unfamiliarly familiar man.