Lonely In This Consciousness

A/N: Lyn here to ask you lovely people to stop shitting on Izuocha, Ochakidoriya, whatever UrarakaxMidoriya ship is. It isn't a bad ship, and even if you don't like it, it doesn't mean you need to get passive-aggressive or preach about how you hate it in the comments. It's impolite honestly. So, please: if you don't like MidoriyaxUraraka, then don't say anything about it. I'm really not interested in a shipwar getting started.

CHAPTER ANTHEMS
Die Trying by Michl (OP)
OTW by Khalid
Over by Honors
Sleep Thru Ur Alarms by Lontalius
Save Me by Josh A
Make Me Real by she (ED)

When the final class of the day was over, Todoroki and Iida walked together towards their dorms, both saddled within a dark and tense shadow of quiet. Neither dared to say a word; neither truly knowing what to say.

The closer that they approached Midoriya's room, the more intense the urge to visit him became. Todoroki, being the rule breaker that he was, did not hesitate to stop at Midoriya's door. Iida looked at Todoroki and shook his head, protesting.

"Todoroki, you know that Aizawa ordered us to leave Midoriya alone. If we bother him, we are going to get in serious trouble."

"You don't actually agree with him, do you? Midoriya is our friend and he needs our support. I refuse to standby while someone I care about is hurting."

Iida couldn't say that he did agree, looking down at his feet in silence. While Iida highly respected UA, the teachers, and the rules...he still could not help but feel as though he had failed his friend and needed to atone for his mistake. Iida glanced at Todoroki, who took his silence as a 'no' before knocking on Midoriya's door.

It was quiet for a moment, but when Midoriya opened the door, Todoroki almost widened his eyes. Midoriya looked incredibly bad, dark bags beneath his eyes, his hair looking unkempt, and there were red rings around his eyes. Midoriya looked as though he was sick, looking pale and exhausted, and Todoroki said to the boy.

"We wanted to check up on you and see how you were doing."

Midoriya nodded and replied, his voice sounding hoarse and sickly as well as he tried to lie.

"Thanks, I'm doing fine."

Iida shook his head, giving Midoriya an annoyed look.

"That is obviously a lie, Midoriya. Please, allow us in to help you and be with you."

Midoriya made a face of discomfort before sighing. Midoriya stepped aside, letting the two young men in, and Todoroki and Iida practically flew into the room before shutting the door in order to avoid being seen. Midoriya immediately went back into his bed, sliding beneath his covers, and Iida sat at his desk, giving Todoroki a look. Todoroki sighed before he said to Midoriya quietly.

"Midoriya, I must apologize for what has happened. I encouraged you to speak to (L/n), but I was not aware of what the consequences would be in you doing so."

Midoriya was almost shocked that Todoroki was apologizing, and he looked at the man with an incredulous expression on his face. Iida added, apologizing and bowing as well.

"I must apologize as well. I was not vigilant of your wellbeing and mental health, and had I kept a better eye on you and (L/n), I would not have failed you as your class representative and friend."

Midoriya sat up and waved his hands.

"Whoa, guys, hold on. This wasn't your guys' faults at all. This...this was completely on me. I...I got so carried away with telling her how I felt that I didn't realize how uncomfortable she had become. I pushed her way past the limit. This is my fault entirely. Had I not jumped the gun and got so passionate...maybe it would have gone a lot differently."